How can the DWP be allowed to stop the severe disability premium when someone is transferred to UC ? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can the DWP be allowed to stop the severe disability premium when someone is transferred to UC ?

Comments

• Stickman
    Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Thanks.  Although, I didn't get a copy of the form we filled in and I think I should have.  Will the HMCTS send me a copy?  Sorry if I sound a bit stupid, I've never gone through anything like this before and I'm not the cleverest person.  It's scary.  I'm not sure whether I've done the right thing!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. HMCTS will send you what's called the "bundle" in there will be everything that you've sent DWP. The ESA50 form and evidence there will also be the assessment report in there.

Just so you know, DWP don't send you a copy of the form you filled you. You should photocopy everything you send and keep a copy for yourself, for this reason. Same as evidence, always send copies, not originals.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stickman
    edited January 2019
    So I should get back the original form that we filled back, is that right?  She didn't offer to do me a copy.  As I said, I'm not the cleverest person.  Or do the DWP make copies and send the originals back
  • poppy123456
    By the original form, do you mean the work capability assessment form? If so then yes as advised, this will be one of the things that will be included in the "bundle" and the Tribunal (HMCTS) will send you this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stickman
    edited January 2019
    No, I mean the Appeals form that we filled in and sent to the DWP.
  • poppy123456
    Every single thing that you sent will be included in the bundle.
  • Stickman
    Sorry, I meant all documents sent to HMCTS Appeals.

• poppy123456
    DWP send everything you've sent yes. Then eventually you'll receive the bundle from HMCTS.
  • jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    I was one that lost my sdp and now I am confine to my home for months on ends as k used my money for someone to take me out my home and cleaner..so there no support from social services as they money is tight so social services don.t help .there is word those lost it suppose to be paid in spring but brexit going to prevent that now ..I am also disgusted why they haven.t started to pay our sdp as I been told those that lost it still won.t recieve the premium as the government gave us the impression that we now get the sdp premium ..but guess way we get jack **** ..so it's not happening they lie all the hopes go up and then we get slap down again..we suppose yo be getting it but it's not going to be paid 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jude1967
    I no there been argument with different taking them to court but 80 month won.t cover me for nothing that's disgusting we should be having this premium ...do u no wat the compensation will be how much ..I no there more court cases going on and government tried always to not lose their cases but they haven.t they been told it's illegal and Amber rudd won.t listen because rudd and Mcvey want may seats and rudd desperate to get her job word on the street it's war they after 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • jude1967
    I am considering taken them to small claim court as I sick bring locked in my it feels like I going crack under the strains because them I have no choice to bankrupt myself I been looking into as I lost that benefit got no choice 
  • jude1967
    There word that they suppose yo be getting rid dwp 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • Ashleyb1
    Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Can anyone help me with this
  • poppy123456
    Ashleyb1 said:
    Can anyone help me with this
    Hi,

You've had lots of help across quite a few of your threads/posts. There's no other help we can give you here. You'll need to wait for a decision, there's nothing more you can do until that's made. My reply is here.

• Stickman
    OK, I've had a letter from the HMCTS to say that they have received my appeal.  In that letter it says "If you have a representative, you may wish to show them this letter".

Where do I get a representative from and should it be someone with authority such as a local counsillor?

The letter also states - "If your appeal does go to Tribunal" does this mean there is a chance that it won't go to Tribunal?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.