Has anyone got ESA with anxiety/agoraphpbia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone got ESA with anxiety/agoraphpbia

Ashleyb1
Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
I had my health assessment just over a week ago and I have been looking on these forums and no one has said they have got or on ESA with anxiety issues I'm just wondering if theres anyone on ESA with anxiety. thanks.

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Seems not many who have had there assessment have won I had mine 24th and got no fingers just thumb I’m waiting see if I get it they seem to failing most then you have all **** of tribunal hope you get it good luck 
  • Ashleyb1
    Yeah I havent got my Hopes up I'm abit worried if they fail me or decide to put me in the work related group,I would be pretty screwed, support group is my only option

• Dotty123
    Mine to think positive if they put me on work related I’d like them to find me job with no use of hands I can’t get dressed washed cook pick up anything Wel be fine Wel both win it good luck 
  • Ashleyb1
    Yeah I guess so, good luck let me know if you get it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people are placed into the Support Group successfully. There's been a few on here recently, myself included. Only problem is we don't often hear about the good stories on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ashleyb1
    Yeah been hard to find people who has been successful will anxiety or similar mental health issues, just wanna hear from the people who have and there experiences 
  • Ashleyb1
    What was it like for you and was yours for a similar case?
  • poppy123456
    You really can't compare 2 people with the same condition because we're all affected differently.

I don't claim for mental health, all my conditions are physical and i have multiple conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ashleyb1
    I understand but dont people get a form telling them what they failed on or won on?
  • Dotty123
    You can ask for copy from dwp 
  • poppy123456
    No one receives a form once you've had the assessment. As i advised in a previous comment, you can ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. In this report there will be recommendations of whether they recommend limited capability for work (WRAG) limited capability for work related activity (Support Group) or fit for work.

You'll still have to wait for the decision but the they usually go with the report and award what's recommended.

Once a decision is made they'll write to you. You may receive a phone call from the decision maker before they make a decision as this sometimes happens.

I know it's very stressful waiting but there's really nothing more you can do until you receive the decision and this can be anything from 2-8 weeks. Good luck.
  • fredjr
    fredjr Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    hi from what i see you need to go with some one that is going to keep upright as your hanging from them for dear life, dont give out anything that is positive at all.
    do get up from chair every 5 min and when sitting down start rocking from side to side , do not pick up anything, on medical examination, squeal like a pig when you have to grip them or try and pinch your thumb and forefinger test.
    in short you have to be as ruthless as they will be with you and you might get a few points, but dont hold your breath.
    i got my report back one day and my p45 the next and on letter go and get a job !!!!! im riddled with arthritis knees, wrist, depress etc i am appealing and i have sent pics to them showing my knees etc so someone can see the extent  of damage. be lucky in there eyes your scum and that how i feel at the moment along with being vulnerable. 
  • poppy123456
    The best advice anyone can give is to be yourself and not someone you're not. Dress how you usually dress, don't base it on your worst day because chances are they'll see through that.
  • fredjr
    and i might add im bricking as i might get a letter from dwp on my dla stopping that, not a good time at all. thxs fred
  • Sallie
    Sallie Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I recently claimed contributions based ESA as employment sickness bens ran out. Within two weeks I received letters inviting me to the Job Centre and an assessment which to be honest made me feel I was doing something wrong. Part of my medical problem was due to anxiety and I am on meds for that. But, at the assessment they had a print out of my medical records and just picked things randomly. They did not cover the reasons why I was off work, they looked at the whole picture and picked up on a problem I wasn't expecting and discussed that in great detail. It was a bit wierd really and I expected to fail but luckily my claim was continued. I think it helped that I had a job to return to and I wanted to return. 
  • fredjr
    as not been long on this very helpful site and still trying to find my self around it, do they normally do this as esa has stopped even if your going to reconsideration and the tribunal. 

• poppy123456
    fredjr said:
    as not been long on this very helpful site and still trying to find my self around it, do they normally do this as esa has stopped even if your going to reconsideration and the tribunal. 

I'm assuming you were found fit for work after a face to face assessment? If so then if the MR decision remains the same and most do then it's Tribunal. Once the Tribunal have accepted your appeal you can then go back onto assessment rate for ESA, providing you haven't claimed universal credit in the meantime.

If you're claiming Contributions based ESA then this is only paid for 365 days unless you're placed into the Support Group and then it's paid for as long as you remain in that group.
  • poppy123456
    You'll also need sick/fit notes to be able to go back onto assessment rate (if you haven't claimed UC) they will need to be backdated to the date your ESA stopped if you want backdated money.
  • fredjr
    thxs poppy, i was on contribution esa, when they stop it, i just has surgery on my foot so in fact im on the sick as such this esa stop on 17th of this month i have not a sick note for that but im going to see new doctor as i only been in this area for 10 month so all new.
    as i said my worries are for my dla, im 65 this year and if they stop that im done for cant work and state pension only to live 
  • fredjr
    o and yes it was in a support group.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.