Failed my medical assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed my medical assessment

Options
Charleyb
Charleyb Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hello can I still get esa on the assessment stage as I want to appeal their decision as I am unable to work as I suffer immense physical pain

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You have given very little information so i looked back at your previous posts and see you were found fit work for failing to attend a work capability assessment. Your last thread suggest you were waiting for a hearing date, have you had your hearing yet?
    See last thread here.

As you were found fit for work for ESA did you claim Universal credit? Sorry but with such little information it's very difficult to give any advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charleyb
    Options
    No that was when I missed my interview I won that at my appeal now I went for an assessment and they found me fit for work when I am clearly not so now I’m waiting for them to reply to the mandatory reconsideration so I can appeal if they don’t change the decision will I be able to still get esa at the assessment stage if so how do I get it
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Have you claimed Universal credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Charleyb
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Most MR decisions remain the same. If this happens then once the Tribunal accept your appeal you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA but you'll need sick notes from your GP.
  • Charleyb
    Options
    Ok thanks as that’s what I thought they stopped my esa from the 12/1/19 so I will have to get my fit note from that date right
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's correct yes. Be aware that the MR decision can take anything up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer. If that fails then you have to request the Tribunal and wait for them to accept it before you can go back onto ESA. It may not be a quick process.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.