Can they take the lower rate of you in a tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can they take the lower rate of you in a tribunal?

Options
Paula01
Paula01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi please can anyone advise me, if I was awarded high rate disability then reduced to low rate because of an accessors opinion can they take the lower rate of you in a tribunal this is the second time now what can I do please 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Paula01 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and your question.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We advise and help new members who join.

In response to your question I am unsure. I know we have benefit advisors on the forum or members of our community will be able to answer.

There might be in touch.  To advise you.

Have you spoken to CAB for further advice on anything benefits and tribunals. Have expertise and knowledge.

Please ask if we can help some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    It would be unusual if you are appealing because the higher rate has been reduced to take it all of you
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Paula01
    As you know, tribunals can increase, decrease or leave awards the same. The important thing with tribunals is to be clear with them which extra points you think you qualify for and try and evidence this, for example with a letter from your GP or other health professional. Keeping a daily diary noting down how long it took you to complete an activity, whether it caused discomfort, how long it took you to complete the activity etc can be very useful to take with you on the day of the hearing. 

We have more information on appealing a DWP decision here.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.