How can the DWP be allowed to stop the severe disability premium when someone is transferred to UC ? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can the DWP be allowed to stop the severe disability premium when someone is transferred to UC ?

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    I worked it out no matter war they won.t give the servere disable premium they only option they had was to the ones transition but that will go once as if it's the case they be paying for the premium wouldn.t they now..they just not going to pay the servere premium ..there never going to be the premium ..even though they saying transition going to be so many wen in the end it's just covering the fact that that premium not going to be getting it ..that's way I see of it because by 2023 there will only be universal credit the whole country will be on it ..but there still be no servere premiums at all...so in fact disable people will be worse off no matter how many times we go to courts and I don.t think it will happen if we had new government because rudd and Mcvey waiting for may fall as they want her job 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Stickman said:
    OK, I've had a letter from the HMCTS to say that they have received my appeal.  In that letter it says "If you have a representative, you may wish to show them this letter".

Where do I get a representative from and should it be someone with authority such as a local counsillor?

The letter also states - "If your appeal does go to Tribunal" does this mean there is a chance that it won't go to Tribunal?

Hi,

No a councilor would most likely not have a clue about the benefit system and what ESA and PIP is all about and neither would they know anything about case law. You need someone from welfare rights or a law centre to represent you. Even with a rep you will need to do all the talking and answer the question yourself. See link to check what's in your area.

Sometimes people are offered an award by DWP to try to stop them going to Tribunal but this is rare and i wouldn't expect this to happen. Concentrate on having to appear in person is the best thing to do. Waiting times for hearings are a year in a lot of areas, some ares are more than a year in fact. If you ring HMCTS they'll tell you approximately how long the wait is for your area. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stickman
    Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    Why would the DWP to try to stop a case going to Tribunal, does it cost the DWP to take a case to tribunal?

I have now received information facts sheets on what to expect at the tribunal.  Does this guarantee a hearing?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The reason is because they don't think you're entitled to claim it. They're opposing the request, it doesn't mean anything. A Tribunal will not be refused because DWP oppose it.

You'll eventually receive a hearing date but this could be as long as 1 year because backlogs in most areas are huge.

You can ring HMCTS and ask approximately how long the wait is in your area. Remember this is just a guide.

No idea about cost, sorry.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.