PIP home assessment, will this be used against me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP home assessment, will this be used against me?

jnl
jnl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just had my home assessment this morning for moving from DLA  to PIP. I have Chronic fatigue syndrome and depression. I think I have messed it up big time. My daughter was with because I get very confused, after the first couple of questions I asked my daughter to leave the room as I felt I wasn’t getting a chance to speak for myself plus I found it very hard to be completely honest in front of her. I’m really worried in case it goes against me! 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jnl

Good Afternoon it's great to meet you today ? ? ? 

I am very very sorry to hear about your assessment for your dla to pip. 

Please please don't "worry"

We have got some info & advice on here for you.

There is also a number of "Advisors" to hand.

Please please let me know how you feel????? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That's impossible to answer, i'm afraid. If you live in the UK then ring DWP at the end of next week to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jnl, well done on getting through your assessment, I hope you're not suffering too much now.

It's impossible to predict what your outcome may be. The waiting time can be difficult, but try not to worry and focus on your health instead if you can. Fingers crossed for an outcome as soon as possible. If we can be of any assistance in the meantime, just let us know!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    From my experience of the PIP assessments (all 3 of them) I went into the assessment room ready to do battle on my own leaving my wife out in reception. 

All three assessments resulted in 0 points!
  • jnl
    jnl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi all, I received a text message a few days ago to say the powers that be have received my assessment. As I live in NI I can’t phone to find out their decision.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    jnl said:
    Hi all, I received a text message a few days ago to say the powers that be have received my assessment. As I live in NI I can’t phone to find out their decision.
    No one anywhere can find out the decision until it's made. In the UK they'll send  a copy of the assessment report, when requested but this is only a recommendation and not a decision. Hopefully it won't be too long and the decision will be made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.