Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

Red1983dawn
Red1983dawn Community member Posts: 26 Listener
Hi all

Phoned pip today and they said they have made my decision and that it is favourable as my full decision is not on the system yet. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Once a decision is made it takes 24 hours for it to show on the other screen. Until it does show, they won't know anything at all. Ring them back this time tomorrow and they'll be able to tell you what the decision is.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Red1983dawn
    Hi poppy

Phoned back this afternoon and was put through to a case manager and they said they would rather me see my decision letter than tell me over the phone. 

Unsure what this means 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Never heard of this before. Try again tomorrow and just speak to an adviser and it will show on the screen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Red1983dawn
    Will try again Monday and thanks for your help 
  • thor14
    thor14 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi red1983dawn, Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it’s good news!!
  • Red1983dawn
    Hi thor14

I've already been told that it is a favorable decision which wasn't available on the screen on Friday. I am also confused that they have used evidence from July 17.

Thanks for the support 
  • thor14
    I’m just wondering maybe if u weren’t getting the correct rate to start with maybe they are back dating money for you since July 17,that could be why they are saying they would rather you read the letter. 
  • Red1983dawn
    I am not sure but I think it might be because I' suffering from a mental health issue 
  • thor14
    The waiting is dreadful. Hopefully you will hear more tomorrow. Good luck!! 
  • poppy123456
    Hi thor14

I've already been told that it is a favorable decision which wasn't available on the screen on Friday. I am also confused that they have used evidence from July 17.

Thanks for the support 
    I'm not sure how they know this information if the decision isn't visible. If you didn't send that evidence they may have contacted someone on your list of contacts for further evidence. How do you know they used that evidence?
  • thor14
    You could torture yourself wondering how they knew it was a favourable decision, they clearly saw that on the screen as to why they won’t tell you anymore,that’s why I was wondering have they back dated something. Good luck
  • Red1983dawn
    Thanks 

Will let you know when I find out 

Thanks again 
  • Red1983dawn
    Hi poppy12345 it's on my report from the assessor that they have considered evidence from July 17 that's why I've been so confused 
  • thor14
    Please do, the very best of luck.
  • Red1983dawn
    Phoned pip this morning and was told that I had been awarded the enhanced daily living only 

• poppy123456
    Phoned pip this morning and was told that I had been awarded the enhanced daily living only 

Great news. However, if you're not happy then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. Before doing this you should get face to face advice because no one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risk to your current award.
  • Red1983dawn
    Thanks poppy123456 am thinking of taking a mandatory reconsideration as my first claim I got normal daily and a 2 year award and this time I got enhanced daily and only a 12 month award. So am confused by that.

Thanks 
  • atd1984
    atd1984 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    May I ask when you went for your pip assessment regards 
  • Red1983dawn
    Yeah I had my assessment on the 31/12/18 phoned on 25/1/19 for decision and still waiting for the letter

Hope this helps 
  • poppy123456
    The short length of time for the award means that they think your condition will change in this time.

Brightness