PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Disspare
Disspare Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After reading  That two faced tricksters  assesment report and seeing what she has wrote . up and said i walked 10m in 8 secs to set at the desk from the the door.... i worked in the building trade all my life .i could easily estimate that the desk was 2.7 mts from the door.. she omited important information that my wife about my peripheral noreapthy . i am stage 3 COPD suffered with only 30 % lungs and what she has put is just took away my young family life . she expects me to spend the mybe the next 3 years of my life dieing and watching my 8year old daughter in poverty watchin me die..putty my family at risk saying i will be able to cook . lol.  i have no balance no fine motocontrol . and have limtined senses in my fingers and toes.  i suffer from manic depression and if i dont take my anti mania pills .the highest does that can be discribed then i tend to explode into A volite rage. what i did when i received that work of fiction. my family suffered and and i went on A revenge 24 hour rage. i blame her .that horrid young blond lady for killing us.  i havnt received the discision yet..only asked for a renewal 5 months ago. but I have  A good idea that i wont get enough points to even keep my standard rate car that was awarded wround 4 years ago .my condition has got so bad i carnt breath any more.. what i do. how can A . except this ..   i am at the bottom  of my life then this kick in the nuts... she needs reporting . or i will export her nothing to lose.   sorry to rant on on on.    

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Disspare, and a warm welcome to the community.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm truly sorry to hear about your PIP experience so far. It must be really frustrating to feel you haven't been heard, especially on top of dealing with your health issues. It would be good to wait until you receive your decision letter, and then consider appealing the decision. We have lots of members who've been through this process themselves, so do feel free to ask any questions.

You can also find the DWP complaints procedure here, if you're interested in taking things further. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • Disspare
    Thank you for that . I feeling less fed up. I am trying to understand all the discriptors .. 1 box has A tick states .."no review required
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

Have you taken a look at the dots or ticks somewhere in that report? This is what you need to look at as well because this will be the recommended score, which hasn't yet been added because it's just a recommendation. You need to compare those dots/tick against the PIP descriptors and add up the points. The best way to do this will be through the PIP self test here. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Just put the dots and ticks from the report into the link above and at the end it will add up those points.

They usually go with the report but of course you'll need to wait for a decision. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • goblinqueen
    goblinqueen Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Luckily when I had mine (which I passed ) the only things she got wrong was telling them I have a downstairs toilet (what she saw was the door to the understairs cupboard) and the fact I could manage to cook meals 7 days a week when it varies due to the numbness in my fingers , I missed out on 2 points in the difference from low to high on mobility over that and hearing the nightmare of the tribunals didn't bother appealing 
  • Disspare
    They make you feel that you are infront of A judge wearing A black hankie on his head.

• Disspare
    Poppy how interesting . ive only looked at the ticks in the boxes and asked google .. very complicated and i think they are in favour of the claiments asking for a cooy of the HC report
  • Disspare
    I have used that link and it comfirms that i do not score enough points for any intitlelment.. confused has this is A un planned review of my existing on going claim. That I was awarded standard care.  Has now my condition has detereatd so bad that we asked for A review our selfs to see if we could qualify for extra award .. bless them . Just out and out lies on the report . Emma Roberts .?  What A nasty person has left us in A right state of affiare. My 8 year old daughter.has to suffer and its makes me fill up with rage. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Reporting a change of circumstances because of a worsening condition is always very risky and it's not something i'd advise someone doing without getting expert advice first.

You will of course need to wait for the decision before asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration. You can start to write the letter of request before a decision is made, this will give you a head start because it's rare for them to go against the report.

When writing the MR letter you need to state what you disagree with, where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies.

If you have an advice centre like welfare rights or a law centre near you then i'd advise speaking to them for help with the process. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Disspare
    Thank you poppy .  Going to fight.    I read somewhere that you should be awarded points for COPD.   And also peripheral neuropathy .  Alas i my symptoms have become over 5 times worse . I carnt even walk to the next wheelie bin without stopping and get my breath .why as CAPITA . Emma Roberts.  so spitfull... I have restarted taking my MEDs.  3 days off .wanted to end my life. Honest I've been so depressed. So angry . Her report so full of lies... She cannot get away with it . 

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Disspare I know how you feel as the same happened to me. However try and turn your anger into positive action to over rule what was written on your report. I got my Mobility changed at MR stage so it can be done. Remember that the assessor is considered to have the medical knowledge and the Decision Makers do not, but it is DWP DM's or Case Managers as they are called now who make the final decision. You can still send in more evidence provided it applies to the day of your assessment and 3 months before that. Letters from consultants and your medical records can be printed out by surgery admin if you haven't already got these. There may be a small admin charge. If you write an MR letter you need to go through the descriptors and state clearly which ones you should have scored on. For each one try and give a reference to relevant evidence. Make it as easy as you can for the Case Manager to see where the assessor got it wrong. Your case will be sent back at that stage to be reviewed by a different assessor and DWP will be notified if any changes can be made. It will help if you also make a formal complaint to CAPITA and mention that you've done that in your MR letter. You can also contact your MP to ask for help. Some are very good others not so from what I've heard but worth a try. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.