Legal assistance for case against DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Legal assistance for case against DWP

SMW83
SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
I have recently posted regarding the fact the DWP have investigated my personal circumstance on three occasions in the last year. Although I have been cleared by them on each occasion and they too believe this could be borne of some ill feelings from a neighbour  they have stated that they are impotent to do anything should they report me again.

Each time I am investigated, my health declines substantially. I have also been fighting the DWP to be awarded state benefits for the last three years and it is now getting to the point that I’m beginning to consider ending my life 

I am now looking at taking legal action against the DWP but as I’m sure many of you will understand, having to survive off of state benefits, I do not have a lot of ‘spare’ monies to be able to do so.

Can anyone advise of any organisations who could assist me or a low cost solicitor or such to assist me in proceeding with this case?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

I don't know if you'll get legal aid to be able to do this regarding people reporting you. i suspect you won't. You may get 30 minutes free or an hour from a solicitor but you won't find any low cost ones.

Your benefits situation is different and without any information it's difficult to advise further.

See link for advice centres near you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You could take a look at the Law Centre
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.