PIP Report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report

djbantiques
djbantiques Community member Posts: 43 Connected
My first post so be kind !!
Just received the assessment report for my PIP application, zero points for both daily living and mobility categories.
What struck me immediately was on the 2nd page in the history of conditions section stated by the assessor :

"L4/5 disk prolapse and sciatica diagnosed in 2013 after the GP referred for an MRI scan".

This is totally wrong as the MRI scan was ordered by my Extended Role Physiotherapist in May 2014.
Would it be to my benefit to mention this, and only this, when I do my mandatory reconsideration as it casts major doubts on the rest of the report ?

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It won't help. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do daily activities against the PIP descriptors.  You need to identify which points you think you score and why and then back that up with 2 or 3 recent examples per points scoring activity of what happened last time you did that activity. The evidence you send should state exactly how your conditions affect you. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights, or other disability advice centre near you.  You have 28 days to request the MR. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, as I hope you know PIP is about how your condition affects you in dad to day living activities and your mobility abilities, not your illness or disability. Was this your first claim for PIP? Or where you moving from DLA to PIP.?
  • djbantiques
    wilko said:
    Hello and welcome, as I hope you know PIP is about how your condition affects you in dad to day living activities and your mobility abilities, not your illness or disability. Was this your first claim for PIP? Or where you moving from DLA to PIP.?
    I was already receiving PIP, this was my first renewal.
    I was awarded 8 points last time in the daily living category and 0 points for mobility.
    Thanks for the advice and you too Poppy.
  • jamie86
    jamie86 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi my partner is on pip and getting the a mobility car on 26th October and he gets pip on 31st October Will he still get his full pip on 31st October or his mobility rate pip or will that start next month? Thanks 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is paid in arrears.
    Has he got a long award - 10 years?
    If not think very carefully as to what could happen if on his next renewal he loses the award? I always had 3 year awards but they re-assess one year early. Each re-assessment saw my Enhanced Care & Mobility go to 0 points. I had to fight for it at MR stage to go back up.
    Sometimes it is better to buy your own car which they cannot take back off you - I had 3 Motability cars repossessed in the past 5 years.
  • djbantiques
    Further to my initial post, after having spoken to a welfare rights advisor they advise bringing this fact to the Case Managers' attention as it does  bring the complete assessment into disrepute.
  • Yadnad
    edited October 2018
    Further to my initial post, after having spoken to a welfare rights advisor they advise bringing this fact to the Case Managers' attention as it does  bring the complete assessment into disrepute.
    If bringing the misrepresentations of the assessor's report to the attention of the Case Manager would really make a difference then what is the point of the MR or Tribunal process?
    It is more than possible that the Case Manager already believes that the report is a load of rubbish, but he/she has to accept it as the assessor is the 'expert' in assessing the impact of a disability as well as having medical knowledge. The Case Manager is always guided by the report as he/she has no medical or other such knowledge.   
    No doubt your advisor is suggesting a MR and not just a note?

My own reports were all fairy tales. To even suggest that I do not have any mental health issues was ridiculous and easily proven by the evidence that they hold. But none of that matters at this stage. You now have to prove that you are entitled to the points from the relevant descriptors.
    To put it bluntly I doubt if the DWP are interested in the truth of the report. They have made their decision it is up to you now to prove otherwise with evidence.
  • djbantiques
    Further to my initial posting.
    I have now been awarded another face to face assessment, date not yet confirmed, as the Case Manager agreed the first report contained a major basic error thus bringing the accuracy of the report in to question. This was
    as suggested by a welfare rights advisor and the Benefits And Work forum.
  • Yadnad
    I have now been awarded another face to face assessment, date not yet confirmed, as the Case Manager agreed the first report contained a major basic error thus bringing the accuracy of the report in to question. This was
    I presume that you have asked for a MR? And if so are on the way to the Tribunal for a hearing?

I do hope so as what you are walking into could well be another poor assessment.

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Yadnad the clue is here (awarded another face to face assessment)...

So I really doubt other than what this is they are waiting to attend another assessment. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• djbantiques
    Yadnad said:
    I presume that you have asked for a MR? And if so are on the way to the Tribunal for a hearing?

I do hope so as what you are walking into could well be another poor assessment.

No I haven't asked for a MR.
    The original assessment and all related paperwork etc has been removed from DWP and the assessors files.
    If I do get a poor assessment then I will consider MR.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad said:

No I haven't asked for a MR.
    The original assessment and all related paperwork etc has been removed from DWP and the assessors files.
    If I do get a poor assessment then I will consider MR.
    Thankyou for answering my question. So all you did was complain to the DWP about the quality of the assessor's report?
    This goes against everything that has been said on this site in the past and on all of the DWP notices & letters. The complaint should have been sent to the assessing company and not the DWP.
    Was there a reason why you did not wait for the decision and then go down the MR route. + complain to the assessing company separately.

It just seems that the system isn't being followed as it should and this is the second time a similar situation has been reported on this site.

It just makes me wonder if what you did and pre-emptied the system and achieved the end result that much quicker is the way to go. Going down the MR and appeal route would have taken upwards of 15 months! 
  • STANDUPOAP
    STANDUPOAP Posts: 60 Connected
    gl dj my advice would be don't get despondant or depressed with all this as many do. Keep your head up, Keep copies of everthing, Stay asking on here theres some good advice on here. Nice friendly guys and girls. lol.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.