Received my award until Nov 2020, do I leave it or carry on to a tribunal? Help with filling forms. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received my award until Nov 2020, do I leave it or carry on to a tribunal? Help with filling forms.

Grumpytrucker
Grumpytrucker Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening everyone, very new to all this due to a serious accident.
Filling forms in sends me mental

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grumpytrucker

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ???

I am very very sorry to hear about your accident how are things now???

Can you please let me know what forms you are trying to fill in???

@steve51
  • Grumpytrucker
    Hi Steve I have foot drop but a lot of Nerve damage so can't feel my right leg below knee on the right side and cannot move or feel my foot and that is permanent, I also have a few more injuries and I smashed my pelvis so thar has a quite a few pins in it.
    Damaged a fewore bits as well. It's the time things take.
    Took three attempts to get a blue badge. Managed to get pips but only standard rate and was hoping for enhanced really for mobility part so I could get help with a car, it's quite depressing having to rely on other people. Can't walk very far and need a rest when climbing stairs.
    I hadnt learnt to take a copy of all forms I fill in and this has cost me, already appealed and only then did I fine out I had put down up to 50 Metres and not 20 for walking, they also say I walk up a flight of stairs for work, they didn't mention that I said I need to stop before getting to the top. And it was an ex midwife who did my medical. I received my award until November 2020 so now I have to decide, do I leave it or carry on to a tribunal.
    I am learning all the time and figuring things out constantly
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Grumpytrucker

I am sorry to hear what you have been going through. How are you doing today?

You may find our PIP, DLA and AA forum useful, as some members may offer some advise. Please let us know how we can support you through this.
  • Grumpytrucker
    Hi Antonio, doing okay thank you just bored at work.
    ?
    Hope your okay 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Grumpytrucker Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions . We advise and help new members who join.

In response to your form filling in. May I make a suggestion. Use CAB. I have and do them for all my form filling in.

Been on benefits a long time. So would use health or support worker. Now CAB.

Make a draft or a script of your answers for a form you may have to fill in.

Contact CAB make an appointment.  With your draft answers.  The members of staff will fill the form in for you. With you by your side. Face to face.

They will then offer suggestions or advise what you need to put in the form. Also will photocopy the whole form for you.

Might have to pay a charge for photocopying but the end of the day have staff to help.  Give you the correct information.

Benefits are confusing and complex and it is getting the right support.

Please ask if we can help with anything.   Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Grumpy1954

That's good to hear :) Please try and enjoy your day.

I'm ok thanks.
  • Grumpytrucker
    Thanks Antonio
  • Grumpytrucker
    Thanks Spiceman.
    You are more than welcome to give me advice, only been like this since last March and I am slowly learning, don't want anything that I am not entitled to and slowly working out it is just about learning what you can put on the application forms. And after the  pips experience learnt now to copy everything.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Grumpytrucker Thanks for reply.  We are here to help and be supportive.

One point I forgot to add. I bought one of those A4 binders with also a packet of plastic sleeves. So all my award letters  and anything else related benefits are at hand.

In clear plastic so just in case I need to use them for getting anything like health care.

Be aware certain treatments or the things might need . Like prescriptions, glasses and dental care.

Will ask for proof of entitlement to claim free prescriptions or dental care. With glasses have NHS voucher.

Also may I add housing benefit and council tax benefit.  The same need to show proof. Anything else.  Such as warm front grant.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Grumpytrucker
    Thanks Spiceman

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.