Can i request a telephone hearing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can i request a telephone hearing?

gailnan
gailnan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have appealed the original assessment which said that I was not entitled to any pip after being on full DLA for both care and mobility the revised the decision and awarded standard rate care but nothing for mobility 
I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis osteoarthritis chronic crohns colitis and am on infusion of infliximab every seven weeks my question is I don’t feel able to attend the court due to a flare up in the colitis due to the stress of this I would worry I would be able to cope I’ve heard I can request a telephone hearing is that true ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes you can but you may have to wait longer for this and they may ask you to attend in person because they always prefer you to appear in person.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gailnan
    gailnan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Well well if they refuse then I will have to rely on a paper hearing as I would not be able to sit in a room for 30 mins with the state of my guts at the moment
    thanks anyway 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn't say they would refuse but they always prefer you to attend the hearing in person rather than a telephone hearing or a paper based decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    They would probably want to see you to make it fair and give you the best chance of getting the right award - body language is a wonderful thing though - it sometimes says the opposite to what you are actually saying.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.