Can i claim a higher rate of mobility? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can i claim a higher rate of mobility?

Lindaboynton1956
Lindaboynton1956 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I have just been diagnosed with diverticula disease, I already have, under active thyroid, type 2 diabetes, polymyalgia, giant cell arteritis, brain tumour.... I think that’s it , Lol. Question is, can I claim a higher rate of mobility now I need transport, I darent use the bus for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance for any help ???

Comments

• Lindaboynton1956
    Hello, I have just been diagnosed with diverticula disease, I already have, under active thyroid, type 2 diabetes, polymyalgia, giant cell arteritis, brain tumour.... I think that’s it , Lol. Question is, can I claim a higher rate of mobility now I need transport, I darent use the bus for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance for any help ???
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there is that your real name etc?
  • Lindaboynton1956
    Not very inventive huh ? Debbiedo49.  Yea I’m a fibro warrior too although I think the fight has gone out of me for now. It seems like every time you think it can’t possibly get worse can it... then it does! 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Lindaboynton1956

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Which benefit are you on please? Hopefully one of our members will be able to offer you some advise soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Claiming PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. No one on an internet forum can tell you if you'll be able to claim Enhanced mobility.

Do you currently have a PIP award? If so then reporting a change of circumstances is always risky and before doing this then you should get expert advice from an advice centre near you. No one can tell you on a forum if there's any risks to an existing award, if you have one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Linda I usually say to new folks remember your supposed to make up a name for the forum. That’s one of the things Scope asks for. You may not be aware of this? It’s s public forum and anyone on the internet can access this so scope advises anonymous names etc. I’m just making you aware of this. I’m very particular myself about being anonymous and confidential on public forums as agencies may also bd checking on. It may put people off talking to you. Otherwise I’m happy to talk via message either way . Good luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.