Tribunal hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal hearing

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
Hi i,m so anxious about my tribunal hearing tomorrow that i no i wont sleep tonight i sent a doctors letter to the court about my mental health my ipf autism and back and knees problems i no its not the illness its the way you cope with it on a day to day basis and i,m not coping i sent a load of evidence to the dwp but they have took no notice of anything i sent to them hence the tribunal hearing tomorrow anyway thanks for reading

Comments

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi. Good luck for tomorrow. I too am going to tribunal tomorrow. Hope it goes well for both of us and post back tomorrow evening on the outcome.
    Best wishes. xx

• freckles
    Thankyou cazann good look to you two
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Good luck to you both. I’m just about to put in for a tribunal. Never ending!! Gentle hugs to you both x
  • Cazann
    Thank you both for your kind wishes. xx
    PS. Good luck with your tribunal Pixie..when it comes. :)
  • freckles
    Yes thankyou pixie best wishes
  • freckles
    Hi cazann how did it go i hope you got the result you was looking for.... Mine was cancelled because of the snow they rang me this morning 
  • Cazann
    freckles said:
    Hi cazann how did it go i hope you got the result you was looking for.... Mine was cancelled because of the snow they rang me this morning 
    Hi @freckles My tribunal was postponed because they told me that the judge wanted more evidence. They are sending me a letter to sign so they can get more evidence from doctor and from my old DLA report from 10 years ago!
    I don't know what to make of that. I did send letters from doctor and consultants but didn't send my old DLA documents, as I didn't know they would want it.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes this happens why they don't have enough of evidence but it doesn't mean anything. Once they receive the evidence and look at it, they'll contact you with another date for the hearing. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Cazann said:

Hi @freckles My tribunal was postponed because they told me that the judge wanted more evidence. They are sending me a letter to sign so they can get more evidence from doctor and from my old DLA report from 10 years ago!
    I don't know what to make of that. I did send letters from doctor and consultants but didn't send my old DLA documents, as I didn't know they would want it.

We are constantly saying on this site that DLA and PIP are totally different.
    I am surprised that a current PIP appeal judge would want to see a DLA file from 2009.

• Cazann
    Sometimes this happens why they don't have enough of evidence but it doesn't mean anything. Once they receive the evidence and look at it, they'll contact you with another date for the hearing. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
    Thank you Poppy. xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, PIP and DLA are different but this certainly doesn't mean your conditions have improved in that time. Which is why you can ask for your DLA file to be used as evidence when transferring to PIP.

There's some conditions that are life long and don't change. Those that have a learning disability or autism will never change and there's certainly no cure for any of these.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • freckles
    Correct poppy or i.p.f

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.