PIP reassessment tomorrow - please help!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reassessment tomorrow - please help!!

Percival
Percival Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all,

I had a call today from the assessment centre telling me that had a short notice appointment tomorrow. Like an idiot, I agreed, since I have extreme anxiety about speaking on the phone and just wanted the call to end.

But I've realised, I don't have any evidence. My current claim is about my mental health, and as the three years ends in November I need to be reassessed. But because I've moved around a lot the last few years, I'm not currently with a mental health team, or on meds - I'm completely on my own and I'm not sure of what to do.

My mental health is still awful; to the point I had paramedics round last week. I've only switched GPS so they don't have my records and I'm nearly 300 miles away from my last GP - am I going to have my claim stopped? I need this money to stay afloat and I'm in tears with the stress!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Evidence should have been sent to support your claim when you returned the review form. You should have also put as much information on the form about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. The more information you tell them on that form the better for you.

No one can answer your question on whether you'll be successful with this review. Once a decision is made if you're not happy then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal.

All you can do at this point is attend the assessment and answer those questions as best you can. Hopefully once a decision is made it will be in your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Percival
    HI,

Evidence should have been sent to support your claim when you returned the review form. You should have also put as much information on the form about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. The more information you tell them on that form the better for you.

No one can answer your question on whether you'll be successful with this review. Once a decision is made if you're not happy then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal.

All you can do at this point is attend the assessment and answer those questions as best you can. Hopefully once a decision is made it will be in your favour. Good luck.
    I was never given a review form? I changed my address yesterday after moving in December (I've had a lot of things to do hence the late sending back)  and then all of a sudden got a call today about having a sudden appointment tomorrow. I never received any new forms, wasn't told about a review form either.
  • poppy123456
    I assume this is for PIP? when is your due to end?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Percival
    I assume this is for PIP? when is your due to end?
    Yes, it's for PIP. My claim isn't actually due to finish til November but they want me to go in for a reassessment tomorrow. I know when I called PIP to change my address yesterday the guy on the phone told me that my claim was on 'intervention', but I have no idea what he means by that. :(
  • poppy123456
    As your claim is due to end in November they review you 1 year before the award is due to end. You must have received a form sometime around November and returned it. If you hadn't then your PIP would have stopped. So, they must have received it back.
  • billandben
    billandben Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited January 2019
    poppy123456 is offering the best, things get messed up but generally they get all your medical evidence before they assess you, I went for a pip assessment last Friday after only winning a tribunal last year and they said before I went in that the assessor was just going over the evidence before and there would be a delay of 20 minutes xxxxxxxxx Please don't panic I know its easier said than done as anxiety sucks xxxxxxxx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy123456 is offering the best, things get messed up but generally they get all your medical evidence before they assess you, I went for a pip assessment last Friday after only winning a tribunal last year and they said before I went in that the assessor was just going over the evidence before and there would be a delay of 20 minutes xxxxxxxxx Please don't panic I know its easier said than done as anxiety sucks xxxxxxxx
    The assessor must have already gone through the evidence with a fine tooth comb to come to the decision that they want a face to face assessment.
  • Percival
    As your claim is due to end in November they review you 1 year before the award is due to end. You must have received a form sometime around November and returned it. If you hadn't then your PIP would have stopped. So, they must have received it back.
    I don't know what to tell you other than I definitely didn't receive the form and I certainly haven't sent anything back. I received a payment yesterday so I honestly don't know what's going on :/ 
  • poppy123456
    It would have been a review form, so different to the PIP2 form. If your award is due to end in November this year then it's definitely a review. If you didn't receive a form then how are they to know how your conditions affect you? I'd ring the health assessment providers and ask if they've received a review form.

I just find it odd that you didn't receive the form, your payments are continuing and you have the assessment. If a form isn't returned then they stop your payments.
  • billandben
    billandben Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    they have probably opted to see you sooner , as you have moved and they need to make sure its you xxx sign an affidavit for your medical records and let them see your for real xxxxx
  • poppy123456
    they have probably opted to see you sooner , as you have moved and they need to make sure its you xxx sign an affidavit for your medical records and let them see your for real xxxxx
    A change of address wouldn't be a reason for a review. The review everyone 1 year before the award is due to end.
  • Percival
    It would have been a review form, so different to the PIP2 form. If your award is due to end in November this year then it's definitely a review. If you didn't receive a form then how are they to know how your conditions affect you? I'd ring the health assessment providers and ask if they've received a review form.

I just find it odd that you didn't receive the form, your payments are continuing and you have the assessment. If a form isn't returned then they stop your payments.
    I have no idea. I called them this morning to ask about it, and they did say that they usually stop a claim if they never received it back, but because I was a claimant that seemed to need additional support, they made an exception? I'm so confused about all of this, and I feel like an idiot for being so lost but I just have no idea how any of it works, haha :(

They told me that while I can't have another review form sent, they should do one when I have an assessment. They also rescheduled my assessment for me, thank god... So that's one stress off me at least!
  • Yadnad
    edited January 2019

Not really, I am having to go for an assessment in the morning and the last time I filled out a claim form/review form was in 2017!

It seems that the DWP can and do assess people despite no current or relevant documentation being available - not having the opportunity of putting forward your own case.
  • poppy123456
    Your assessment is for completely different reasons and is based on what you were like when the original decision was made. You simple can't compare yourself to Percival.
  • Yadnad
    edited January 2019
    Your assessment is for completely different reasons and is based on what you were like when the original decision was made. You simple can't compare yourself to Percival.
    In a way I can. The assessments can be carried out without a current claim form having been completed. This then relies on how the assessor feels and the trust that you put in them at the time only.
    Having any assessment without having the opportunity of putting your current written arguments forward is unfair and unreasonable. In the OP's case the assessor will be having to work from a claim form submitted over 3 years ago. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.