Cornwall and Devon how long for decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cornwall and Devon how long for decision?

ben2129
ben2129 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi had my pip reassessment today 
Just wondering in Cornwall and Devon how long are you looking at waiting  for decision been reading alot of the comment and alot of people are waiting along time an having to go to tribunals vecoz of ha 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ben2129, and welcome! How are you doing, any news yet?
  • ben2129
    Hi received a txt from dwp today to say they received my ftf assessment report how long have poeple waited after this to receive a desicsion ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales. It depends on backlog in your area. Ring DWP and ask for the assessment report to be sent to you this will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ben2129
    Been sent a copy of report in post said be up to 7 working days so just a waiting game now I guess 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    When you receive it somewhere in there, there will be boxes with dots/ticks you need to look at the PIP descriptors and compare them against it to add them up. As it's only a recommendation in the report they are not added up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @ben2129

You should get a copy of assessment report within the next couple of days.

Once you have this to hand, look at the last few pages, this will enable you to identify what award of PIP is pending.

Don’t panick at this stage, if you are unhappy with the potential award, you can instigate, what is termed a Mandatory Reconsidertion.

This is an internal DWP review of your claim.  At present 17% of these cases are found in favour of the claimant.

If you are still not impressed, you can instigate an appeal, importantly over 70% of these appeals go in favour of the claimant.

To obtain the best possible outcome, I would urge you to seek the assistance of a Welfare Rights Advisor, within your local community (CAB).

You are not on your own, we have all gone through such dreadful processes to get what we duly believe we deserve.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

We are here to help and assist you throughout the process.

Best wishes.
  • ben2129
    Still heard nothing had my report back an looks like possible high care rate so just playin the waiting game still at the moment :/ 
  • daveymayve
    daveymayve Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    ben2129 said:
    Still heard nothing had my report back an looks like possible high care rate so just playin the waiting game still at the moment :/ 
    Hi did you manage to get pip yet 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daveymayve  - & welcome to the community. Unfortunately this is also an old post & the member you queried hasn't been active here since Feb 2019.
    In general it can take anything up to 12 weeks to receive your decision letter following your PIP assessment.
  • daveymayve
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @daveymayve  - & welcome to the community. Unfortunately this is also an old post & the member you queried hasn't been active here since Feb 2019.
    In general it can take anything up to 12 weeks to receive your decision letter following your PIP assessment.
    Thank you for letting me know.... I also got a letter today but dated 2 or 3 days ago saying they have got all my information they need do you know what happens from here if its a good sign I already had a video assessment but had little to no evidence other than me telling then how my disabilities affect me
  • chiarieds
    Since you've had an assessment, it just means they have everything they need to make a decision, nothing more. Your own evidence is the best because Drs aren't with you as you dress, prepare a simple meal, budget or any of the other PIP activities/descriptors. Many people are awarded PIP with no other evidence than their own; it's exactly detailing how your disabilities affect you that helps.
  • daveymayve
    chiarieds said:
    Since you've had an assessment, it just means they have everything they need to make a decision, nothing more. Your own evidence is the best because Drs aren't with you as you dress, prepare a simple meal, budget or any of the other PIP activities/descriptors. Many people are awarded PIP with no other evidence than their own; it's exactly detailing how your disabilities affect you that helps.
    Okay I was worried because I thought they normal send texts out which I got a day after my assessment saying this

We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

Do you know why this was sent so quickly after my assessment and why I got the letter 2 or so weeks later
  • chiarieds
    edited August 2023
    Some people get texts so it seems rather pointless to also send a letter, which obviously takes longer to arrive. These standard texts/letters that people receive often just cause anxiety, & they aren't really telling you anything about your claim. Also saying you should hear within 8 weeks often proves not to be the case as it can be up to 12 weeks as mentioned.
  • daveymayve
    chiarieds said:
    Some people get texts so it seems rather pointless to also send a letter, which obviously takes longer to arrive. These standard texts/letters that people receive often just cause anxiety, & they aren't really telling you anything about your claim. Also saying you should hear within 8 weeks often proves not to be the case as it can be up to 12 weeks as mentioned.
    Goodness me that's alot of anxiety  I was hope for 2 weeks I seen alot of posts saying that's how long after the assessment they waited I'm really hoping it not to long 
  • chiarieds
    Hope it's not too long either; we've had members hear in 2 weeks, but others have waited much longer!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.