Pip mandatory appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory appeal

Options
Fireantguy22
Fireantguy22 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Got zero points at my pip interview and now 8 weeks on Wednesday they got my appeal with 2 lots of medical prove.my wife rang them today as it's taking ages and they told her they requested that the medical team view my medical evidence and the request was only made last Friday so ring back week on Friday as a decision will probably been made by then.will this be the same medical team(the one woman who gave me zero points)or will it be some other people referring to?and does this sound good or.bad waiting this long?I am a 20 year sufferer of mental health.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will most likely be a different HCP. It really doesn't mean anything except they asked them to look at everything again. Hopefully not too long to wait. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi,

It will most likely be a different HCP. It really doesn't mean anything except they asked them to look at everything again. Hopefully not too long to wait. Good luck.
    Hi poppy, quick question. 

Am I reading this right? If you send further evidence during MR it is send to a HCP and a paper assessment , in essence, is done? Is it possible for them to resend you for another f2f?

Sent my MR away 8 weeks ago with quite a bit of new evidence. This would maybe make sense why it's taking s while to hear back ( they said I'd hear back in 6 weeks and that it was passed onto the case manager 6 weeks ago )
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Hi poppy, quick question. 

Am I reading this right? If you send further evidence during MR it is send to a HCP and a paper assessment , in essence, is done? Is it possible for them to resend you for another f2f?

Sent my MR away 8 weeks ago with quite a bit of new evidence. This would maybe make sense why it's taking s while to hear back ( they said I'd hear back in 6 weeks and that it was passed onto the case manager 6 weeks ago )
    Hi,

No, that's not correct. It's not sent to another HCP. When requesting the MR a different decision maker looks at everything and makes another decision. It's rare for them to send it back to the HCP for paper assessment. The report has already been written, they don't write another one.

When they told you 6 weeks, they tell everyone the same thing, it's just a guide. There's no time scales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.