will i go to prison ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

will i go to prison ?

Options
jaxb
jaxb Community member Posts: 10 Listener
i have been in receipt of PIp for 4 years after ny pain clinic advised it. I have several conditions - I’ve had spine operations twice to kill nerves on facet joints to stop pain of disintegrating joints.  I had a disasterous stomach operation which caused me to get Fibromyalgia and diverticulitis which then brought about chronic pain syndrome .  I also now have arthritis and other conditions caused by the bad operation.  My facet joints are still disintegrating but no more can be done. i also now have severe depression and anxiety .  However prior to all this i ran successful nightclubs etc . Going from a successful and amazing life to this has been awful and i tried to hide how bad i felt from the world .  Long story shortened - i was awarded full PIP by several different assessors over the years .  They now say - because someone reported me for not being disabled and they the dwp videod me secretely and saw me once going through drive thru, and also i took on lease for pub and put in manager so i would have an interest in that industry which i did for 33 years - they say i am not entitled to pip - are coming to take car next week, and possibly doing me for fraud for 4 years ????   I haven’t lied - i have these illnesses but i do have days (maybe 3 a month ) that if i take enough meds etc i can act normal - ish .  I am a expert hider of pain as i feel a failure -  am i going to prison for fraud ??   i’m terrified , i’ve not got out of bed since nov and i don’t know what to do anymore . They are coming on thursday to discuss the pip overpayment - but i am entitled to it ???  my brain won’t allow me to go over the bundles of paperwork they’ve sent - so it’s sll going against me . 

Comments

• pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I’m sorry you’re going through this. I know you’re a genuine person claiming what you can to help!  I can’t offer any advice, but I’m sure someone here can aliviate some of your anxieties. You’re not a failure for trying to lead a normalish life. Your not a failure for having health conditions that change your life forever. We all know that one!! I too have several health conditions, life is now a challenge & some days a battle within myself.  Sending you gentle hugs xx

• jaxb
    Options
    Thank you so much / it’s an awful situation to be in - abd  not being able to complete forms and get all info together and put it all to them is worse -as i could have done this easily before the disabilities started .   I just need someone to help me do this , but time running out 
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Just a thought, have you been to see your local Citizens Advice Breau? They’re helping me with my pip tribunal. Worth asking them for adviice xx
  • jaxb
    Options
    that’s my next port of call - it’s judt being well enough to go out to them -and this has all brought on one nightmare flare 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @jaxb, this must have been devastating news. You've done a really good job of explaining your circumstances to us and I think if you can explain things in this way to other people you'll definitely be on the right track.

Visiting your local Citizens Advice is a great suggestion, please do keep us updated. Wishing you all the best for your meeting, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.