Is it worth appealing? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it worth appealing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You always like to twist things. If you're going to ask for an ongoing award then obviously you're going to produce evidence to support that request. I did both recently, so we'll see.
    Good, that is what I was suggesting should happen.

Previously on this site it was suggested by another poster that you wait until you get the decision and then, if not happy with the length of the award, would ask the DWP to show you what evidence they have used to make the short award. It seemed that the DWP would almost always back down as they don't have that evidence.

• g7iqj
    g7iqj Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Yadnad said:
     If you want PIP there is only one way you get out of the system is by dying.
    Don't be so ridiculous! is there really any need for that? Plenty of people claim PIP without any problems at all.
    Yes there was. You have missed the point I was making.
    The conversation was about continuous re-assessments no matter what age you are at. I pointed out that with these reassessments running at every 2/3 years, if you need or want to keep the award going the only way that they will stop is if you die of old age.

Meaning that even at 90 years of age you still have every chance of being reassessed.

And to make the point clearer, I will be 71 in a couple of months and I'm still fighting the bu**ers!

• g7iqj
    g7iqj Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    That is the sad fact the system is flawed  1  people who do assess you ATOS/ CAPITAL . T here  just basic  medical people , nurse  , psyotherapist  etc.  YOU as claiminat  have  @ spechialist report  orphopdecic  surgeon  report   to say your condition  is on going degenrative  going get worse NOT  better with age @ yet  DWP   still base  the out come on f2f   60% unsilled person     not  40% from spechialist report .  as you say kick you bit more  keep call you back every 2-3 years despite evedeince   from surgeon  GET WORSE  NOT BETTER   .  the system FLAWED just stand  be stoung fight fairness @ justice   . some thing nasty selloading  greedy selfish    people of conservative party dont under stand .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.