Moving onto UC and losing SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving onto UC and losing SDP

Mike67
Mike67 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Any information about people who have already moved onto universal credit and losing their severe disability premium 

Comments

• Mike67
    Any information about people who have already moved onto universal credit and losing their severe disability premium 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No legislation has been brought out regarding this yet, i'm afraid. The only legislation was for those already claiming it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mike67
    Hi yes I'm already on it but i read it maybe getting reimbursed also backdated?????
  • poppy123456
    You mean you're already on universal credit? If so then you read correctly but there's been no further updates and no legislation in place yet. You need to wait longer i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mike67
    O.k. thanks for the update. What a load of nonsense only because i moved to a different area .I'm losing £324 a month. 
  • poppy123456
    No worries, yes a lot of people are exactly like you. Hopefully they will announce something soon. I wouldn't expect that much though because i have heard it's something like £80 per month but of course nothing is final yet.
  • Mike67
    Yeah i read that also. It's the usual government scenario robbing the needy to feed the rich. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.