Do I still need sick notes after winning ESA tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I still need sick notes after winning ESA tribunal?

Options
xraylia1
xraylia1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

i won an appeal at tribunial on esa support last week but yesterday had a reminder letter about getting a new sick note. do i still have to get them?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @xraylia1 welcome to the community! 

Congratulations on winning your tribunal! In answer to your question I am unsure however some of our community members will know and will be in contact with you soon.

Please let us know if we can help you further :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @xraylia1, congratulations! Hopefully some of our members will be able to offer some advice on this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You'll need to continue to send in the fit notes until you hear from DWP. As you only won your Tribunal last week then it can take 8 weeks for DWP to pay any backdated money and slightly longer to be placed into the group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.