Pip and fibromyalgia - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and fibromyalgia

13»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    iharris85 said:
    I had my assessment in september and the assessor seemed all understanding and concern he even helped me into and out the chair. BUT in my letter he said i was able to move unaided and when informally observed i was walking at a normal pace without any impairment. i sent my form back with a letter stating i didn't agree, but i am yet to hear anything. i keep trying to call them but i am always on hold for about 30 mins.... I am fed up. i can't walk or stand, and i cant even drive as i don't have enough strength in my left leg to push the clutch...
    Do you mean you requested a Mandatory reconsideration? If so when did you request this?

Not being able to drive because you can't use the clutch won't score you any points for PIP, i'm afraid. They'll most likely advise you to drive an automatic.
    And even admitting that you do drive is likely to cause further problems given the mental awareness and physical abilities that you must have in order to drive any type of car, automatic or manual.

I went out over last weekend with my son in law. I was absolutely amazed of what he had to do with his car even before he set off. It was just like what you see on the television inside an aeroplane cockpit!! Seriously he had to set up the suspension, ride height, engine power levels, which wheels he wanted to be powered  etc all on the screen in front. Then the satmap, then the internet hotspot something. How people now manage to drive is beyond me. You will be needing a pilot's licence next!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

Seriously he had to set up the suspension, ride height, engine power levels, which wheels he wanted to be powered  etc all on the screen in front. Then the satmap, then the internet hotspot something. How people now manage to drive is beyond me. You will be needing a pilot's licence next!
    Not every car has this level of spec, mine certainly doesn't!! I have a physical disability and drive an automatic car, this has never gone against me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

Seriously he had to set up the suspension, ride height, engine power levels, which wheels he wanted to be powered  etc all on the screen in front. Then the satmap, then the internet hotspot something. How people now manage to drive is beyond me. You will be needing a pilot's licence next!
    Not every car has this level of spec, mine certainly doesn't!! I have a physical disability and drive an automatic car, this has never gone against me.
    There is a lot of speculation at the moment it seems on claiming for certain levels of impact that would normally rule out being able to drive a car. The DWP seem to be going for this in a big way. The same is also happening where PIP claimants are also claiming to be carers.
    Why else would my last assessor make a big thing about me still being allowed to obtain my driving licence and to continue driving.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.