Advice on PIP assessment for my wife next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on PIP assessment for my wife next week

Options
tuck
tuck Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Any advice or help on PIP assessment for wife next week.Three previous attempts failed and it seems so unfair as she has multiple health issues which cause her problems with motability and home tasks.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @tuck

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear the outcomes of the last PIP assessments you had. Please have a read on Preparing for your PIP assessment 

Wishing you and wife all the best with the next assessment. Please keep us updated.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tuck said:
    Any advice or help on PIP assessment for wife next week.Three previous attempts failed and it seems so unfair as she has multiple health issues which cause her problems with motability and home tasks.
    Did you not ask for a MR and appeal in respect of previous PIP applications?
    Making 3 previous claims which failed will not help if nothing has changed with the fourth application.

Did you explain on the claim form what the impact was on your wife when considering which descriptors should apply to her?

The assessment will be geared to what you put on the claim form - be prepared to answer questions and try to give examples.

• simon_cut
    simon_cut Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi get as much medical evidence from any medical professionals as possible anyone who treats here get the to do letters about her condition also tell them how things are for her on the worst days  !! Good luck 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I agree about making multiple claims when you've previously been refused isn't going to help your claim. Using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see another refusal. If a refusal happens again i'd strongly advise taking the MR then Tribunal route.

What i don't agree with is basing your claim on your worst day! This is not the correct thing to do. PIP is how you're affected 50% of the time over a 12 month period. If you tell them that everyday is your worst and you attend an assessment on one of your better days, they'll likely see straight through that and think "if that's your worst day then you can't be as bad as you say you are" always tell the truth and explain how your conditions affect you on all of the days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.