Pip appeal victory !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal victory !!

simon_cut
simon_cut Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi had a appeal on Tuesday  after my pip was stopped in Aug last year and had a letter today and I  was successful in the appeal !! I am so relieved it's been stressful and just glad it's over with !!! My advice for anyone going through this is get as much medical evidence from any medical professionals as possible letters from doctors therapist carers and try not to get to worked up the actual appeal isn't that bad . And most important DON'T GIVE UP !! 

Comments

• swindontown
    swindontown Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Congrats mate. I know how relieved you must feel.

Toasting an imaginary beer for you!
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Simon, these are the stories we like people to post good news not all doom and gloom. High five to you.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    simon_cut said:
    Hi had a appeal on Tuesday  after my pip was stopped in Aug last year and had a letter today and I  was successful in the appeal !! I am so relieved it's been stressful and just glad it's over with !!! My advice for anyone going through this is get as much medical evidence from any medical professionals as possible letters from doctors therapist carers and try not to get to worked up the actual appeal isn't that bad . And most important DON'T GIVE UP !! 
    How long is the award for?
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Hi all I had my tribunal on the 9/12/2018 and I waited no more then a month for my paper based to go to tribunal so was pretty lucky 
    I went from no daily living to standard living and from standard mobility to enhanced mobility 
    Pip received my decision on the 10th of Jan and I called in last week and said it was with the appeals team to sort out backdated payments so if all goes well I wud receive my payment by next week sometime so all in all no longer then 4 weeks from tribunal to pip to payment
    So it's another good story I thought I'd share 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.