Got my letter today for my tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my letter today for my tribunal date

Options
angrymom2019
angrymom2019 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I'm so stressed it's unreal this worry , any recommendation s in how the hell to get through all this x

Comments

• sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    I really empathise with you. I’m really sorry that I can’t advise how you get through it as I’m going through similar so I understand exactly how you’re feeling. I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone and I’m thinking of you xx
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You have been waiting, expecting this letter now its arrived you get, or have got stressed out. It's good news rejoice your nearly at the end of your journey for your quest to get your award. Think of, about the time when you first applied to go to a tribural today was way in the future. Read your notes, evidence you are going to take,give as the examples as to why you should be granted an award are they strong enough, have you got an answer if challenged is it justified, reasonable ect. Pray that justice will prevail.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There will be 3 sometimes 4 people on the panel. A judge, DR, disability adviser and sometimes a DWP representative. You'll need to answer all those questions yourself unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to speak for you. You can take someone with you, this will help with any anxiety you have.

They'll be asking you questions about how your conditions affect you dating back to when the decision was made and not what your condition is like now.

Any extra evidence you have should have already been sent. If you haven't sent it and your hearing date is more than 10 days time then you should send it now. If you take it with you on the day they may not have time to read it and you risk them adjourning the hearing because of it.

Sometimes they can't make a decision on the day, if this happens they'll write to you within a few days. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angrymom2019, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Many of our members have been through the process themselves so at the very least, know that you're not alone and you're among others who can empathise.

You may also like to have a look at Scope's advice on appealing DWP decisions to help you prepare, and do feel free to come back to us with any questions.

https://youtu.be/2WEvbFVlQOc
  • angrymom2019
    Options
    Thank you very much I have my tribunal in 3 wks I can't sleep or function through worry x
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Options
    @angrymom2019 it’s ok to be stressed about this but remember this is what you what and need to get back your pip you need to read all your notes, send any new evidence be prepared to be asked anything 
  • angrymom2019
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.