Can i change early time slot? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can i change early time slot?

dompain9years
dompain9years Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, I have just recirece my next review of my ESA , I am currently in the support group and have been for the past well coming up to 4 years 
I am deeply concerned that they are just wanting to take my benefits away from me
My condition is severe, I have 2 life ending diseases and if I'd a huge struggle to get ready in the mornings 
It takes me approximate 3 hours to get ready I .The morning but with this review they have placed me at 9.30am now I have contacted them and edplainex my situation but they have simply said that they will not change my time slot and if I do not attending even if I am late my benefits will stop
Can anyone on here help????

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dompain9years

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

We have got lots of info & advice on here for you.

I am very happy ? in helping you with these.

There is also a number of “Benefit Advisors” on our “Community” 

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dompain9years, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully some of our members will be able to advise.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can change the appointment date/time once, if you haven't already changed it then there's no reason why they should refuse to change the time for you.

If you've already changed it then unfortunately you'll have to attend this appointment. You're right if you don't attend then you'll be found fit for work for failing to attend and your money will stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dompain9years
    Hi Steve appologies about the delay
    Been having a really bad week tbh pain is well just **** and my body has decided it's not going .to behave this week unfortunately
    What help can you provide on here?
    Cheers 
    steve51 said:
    Hi @dompain9years

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

We have got lots of info & advice on here for you.

I am very happy ? in helping you with these.

There is also a number of “Benefit Advisors” on our “Community” 

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51

• dompain9years
    Hi,

You can change the appointment date/time once, if you haven't already changed it then there's no reason why they should refuse to change the time for you.

If you've already changed it then unfortunately you'll have to attend this appointment. You're right if you don't attend then you'll be found fit for work for failing to attend and your money will stop.
    Hi hmm well I tried asking for a change in the time for the appointment and they outright refused saying if you don't attend then your benefits will stop
    Tried to explain that my carer won't be present during that period in the morning as he has in interview to attend between 8-10 which means there's no one to help me get ready, so I said would you mind switching the time till past 11 maybe 12 as with a carer it takes me about an hour to get ready but takes me at least 3 without 
    So I'm sort of screwed tbh 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.