pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

julie58
julie58 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi . Our daughter had a f2f on the 18/12/2018 we have been phoning for updates every week and been told it’s still being looked at then they said it’s a back log .today they told us it’s been lost . Please could someone tell us what to do now thankyou 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    It can take upto or even longer than 8 weeks for a decision maker to make their decision once they get the HCP report,they will no doubt ask for it to be sent to them again.
    Although its not unknown for the DWP to suddenly find something that they "lost"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Fedup67
    Fedup67 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    If this helps I too am worried about pip timeframe, I sent in a pip review form 13 december2018 , phoned today 1febuary 2019 and told due to backlog it’s not even with case manager and I should phone back in three weeks, they say inf a face to face is required it will be another 6 weeks beyond that point, I think the dwp are lying about the backlog !!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Why would DWP lie about backlogs? Backlogs are in all parts of the country and there's no timescales for assessment waiting times or decisions.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • julie58
    It is capita that has lost her f2f assessment ,
  • poppy123456
    julie58 said:
    It is capita that has lost her f2f assessment ,
    If the report was returned to DWP then it's not capita that have lost it, it's DWP. Once the report has been returned then it's nothing more to do with capita.

I'd advise you to ring DWP (PIP) to ask for a call back from a case manager/decision maker) once you get the call back (within 48 hours) then you'll be able to ask them exactly what's going on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • julie58
    Hi poppy hope you are well .capita phoned her yesterday and told her they lost it ,we phoned dwp and explained this to them and all they said was send more information in and they have not received any thing from capita and capita is phoning her Monday for a second f2f .
  • julie58
    Also poppy we been phoned every week for updates to capita and dwp and they kept saying it’s being looked at and it wasn’t sent to dwp so we don’t know what to do now thankyou 
  • Fedup67
    WHy would DWP lie about the backlog because I think they have a side agenda and lying is as natural to government officials as breathing is to normal people.
  • poppy123456
    Whether they lie or not, there's backlogs in all areas. Also backlogs is just part of the decision a decision or the process can be delayed.
  • Fedup67
    Iv never heard of a timeframe like the one they are quoting for my PIP review, scroll up and re read it for yourself, really does it seem normal ???
  • poppy123456
    yes, i read that but i can beat it. They received my daughters review form on 1st December and hers hasn't been looked at either, it's still in the waiting queue, so i was told.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.