Paranoid about PIP review backlog — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paranoid about PIP review backlog

Options
Fedup67
Fedup67 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello just joined, not really a joiner by nature, more a loner. can anyone help me with a worry I have regarding my PIP review, if so here Is the situation Sent of PiP review form and dwp got it on 13dec 2018 ,it’s now 1febuary 2019 and. Dwp say it’s still in a backlog waiting to be looked at by a Case manager, they say it could be another three weeks until that happens, and say I should ring back then, they also say it may take another 6 weeks beyond that point for it to go to a f2face it that’s required, personally it feels like they are telling lies ,it feels like there S a rabbit off somewhere, but then I do have paranoid personality disorder around many other mental health problems, but still even though I am paranoid I might be right, it’s worrying me sick. If someone could give me a answer to the above timeframe etc I’d be very grateful thanks.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fedup67   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for your post.  As you have rung the PIP helpline and they have stated the time limit. Understand the anxiety.  I have been through similar.

As have many of our community. I am here to help and advise.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise members.

I know this is difficult . May I ask do you have any support going through this situation.

One thing is you are a valued member of our community. We are here to support you.

Please ask if we can be supportive anything you wish to know. Please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Fedup67
    Options
    Thanks for reply I am sick with worry, I just wish I was well enough to work, but here the thing I’ve been in and out of mental health services and I am not well, the worst of it is that it means I live on benefits, once the Dwp are in your life they run your life to there rules, and this means you no longer have a life in developed sense, they are like a wreaking ball destroying everything in there path, all they care about is the continuity of there’s own positions, the pay ,the pension, the job security, if thousands end up dying on the streets in doorways, or killing themselves through suicide or malnutrition the Dwp could not give a dam in fact that actually helps them because it’s less they have to spend on benefits, and who knows maybe it could be spent on a more worthy cause such as another pay rise for the Queen whom apparently receives £ 268,000 per day in wages for having to endure the sheer ordeal of being waited on 24/7 by a army of grovelling servants, while suffering the surroundings of palaces, castles,  country estates , eating world class food and being driven around in fleets of luxury vehicles. To me being ill in this heartless nation makes the chances of recovery even more remote, being British is like a kind of birth defect , I wish I was dead.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Options

Hello @Fedup67

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Sincerely,

Debbie 

Scope Community

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Fedup67
    Options
    Thanks DEB for advice, but to be frank how is it possible not to be depressed In the UK. I can’t think of one day in 51 years that I fully enjoyed, and no that’s not overstating it, nor self pity, it’s just a fact. Accutally when I see people that are happy I think are they living in a alternate universe, what planet do they come from? What is there to be happy about??? Really think about it .....what is there to be happy about ????
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fedup67 Sorry what you are going through at the moment.

I do know you are not alone. Many of our community are the same.

I have been constantly reviewed since early nineties every eighteen months.  One started to get very ill indeed because no one tells you the honest truth. Lying assessors and no one admits anything.  

You do not where to turn to. I enrolled in mental health charity. After much period of time have found the right ways. Coping methods and strategies to help my mental health..

They intervened to DWP on my behalf with additional support. Had floating support.

Have to share with you the most important thing is finding what is right for you.

Reading your post do feel the anger, emotions and do understand.

I am here to say to you what would you change about yourself.? How would things be different.?

Are there goals and aims. That you wish to complete. You mention being in and out of mental health services. Are these council run services?

I had myself found them not to my requirements. I am not too good my self. Yet used always mental health charities. Because council run services were given me limited options. I found one time twelve weeks then eight.

I know if this is not working then find other alternatives of support.

I have walked a mile in your shoes and still am but have found now my place. Solace and peace, often now a lot more learned and educated.

Your in control of your mental health. I do understand all of us have gripes about life, the DWP the benefit system.

I do and know for me this is the best time because I got my self into a situation. Like you one time too many times. Realised the anger I should use the emotions I have to stop hurting myself.

Use my life skills and talents in a range of opportunities. Volunteering, and anything else I could help and guide people.

Your an intelligent, smart person think how to adapt yourself to doing something you want to do.

Write on a piece of paper what you like to do anything daft silly it does not matter.  If you unhappy in your job do something else.

Think of positive not negative.  I have been trapped in employment. All I did was filing all day every day no one spoke to me and no one was my friend. Left did other things.

Have to say to you done a loads of boring insecure jobs..  Packed in a highly paid job.  Ran and set up a business.

Life is a journey.  If you throw stones in the way.

I wasted thirty years of my life being an alcoholic.  Now clean twelve years this year. Doing community champion role. 

Many employment opportunities some can work from home or are flexible.

I hope that helps.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Fedup67
    Options
    Spiceman, you make a series of valid points, can I ask you how do you let go of anger,  are you able to let it go even when it’s justified, I don’t mean that rhetorically ,it’s a genuine question. To answer you..I’ve been in Military mental hospital and civilian mental hospitals , my general experience has been they do try to help, and some of them are good people doing there best in a broken system. But moreover I’ve found that whenever your at your lowest points in life you can always rely on the authorities to come along and stamp all over you, they do their utmost to make ever bad situation much worse...for example it was not enough for them that they killed my sister in a catastrophic medical misdiagnosis in front of me , they then lied about the cause of death in order to substantiate a causation that would bury there culpability so that they got to walk away , nice isn’t it. Still she did at least live to the grand old age of 38 so it’s not as if they robbed her of living a full life ..is it !  Next they misdiagnose my mother telling her she has a nonelife threatening pain condition called fibromyalgia , only to later establish that actually shes got cancer ,and due to all the time that’s been wasted it’s spread and it’s terminal , then we find out from her consultant that her life can be extended ,but the drug he needs to prescribe is not being funded by the governments NICE agency because it’s too expensive, good to know that all the money my mum payed in taxes was not there to pay one penny to help her.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.