Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interview

hass
hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
Hi all

Can DWP  call you for an assessment  without the  ESA 50 form being completed

Can they change   you from support Group 
To  WRC.
THANK YOU

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Seems they can do anything ring esa ask them 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes they can. However, it was most likely sent but for some reason you didn't receive it. Usually if a ESA50 form isn't received back by the date stated a claimant will be found fit for work for failing to return the form.

There is one exception to this rule, if DWP have it noted on the computer that you're claiming ESA for mental health reasons then returning the form is a little more relaxed and they won't find you fit for work for failing to return the form. I'm assuming you're claiming for these reasons?

If you are 100% sure you didn't receive the form then ring DWP and the number on the letter and tell them what's happened. There's most likely nothing they can do now because if your assessment is soon then you won't receive the form if they sent it. You can download and print the ESA50 form online (or from your local library) then fill it out and take it with you to your assessment and tell them why you're handing it in.

Have you recently changed your address? Or do you live a houseshare and you're having problem receiving your mail?

Yes you can be moved from Support Group to WRAG.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hass
    HI thank you wen they sent me the ESA 50 form there was no deadline  on it just a form the assessment date is19 Feb I've been told by cab that to tell mp3 as they can't  do this .
    I've had a crisis  I'm waiting for a homevist yo help the form  don't know what to do know

• hass
    Apologies for any typo  arrors
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no date on the actual form, there would have been a date on the letter.

I'm afraid the advice you have from your local CAB is incorrect. As you did receive the form then i'm assuming it's mental health you're claiming for and they've overlooked the deadline rules and carried on with the face to face assessment stage.

Unfortunately, you will have to attend the assessment, or change it for another appointment (you can only do this one) If you don't attend then you'll be found fit for work and your money will stop.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.