FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Once you reach 65 your ESA will stop and you'll be claiming your state pension. DWP should contact to claim this about 4 months before you reach 65.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sandy69
    sandy69 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    I no poppy,I can't get pension till next year has I'm born in 54 I was one of those who got put on hold,I'm not well I have many conditions and mental health I didn't review my I couldn't be bothered,I was insulted at my pip assesment,I don't eat much I can't she said I look has if I'm getting nutrition has I'm overweight,and I spoke ok that day I was up all night preparing myself. Had enough can't wait to be rid xxx
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    You should complain bout her being cheeky she’s not there for that lot peaple got snooty assessors others got some could hardly speak English understood nowt it’s a farce a disgrace how there doing this 
  • sandy69
    Dotty ,she was horrible I cried,she said I spoke well that day but that's because I was up all night ,I knew when I saw her she was horrible glad when I get pension ,if I win lottery they can go jump  xxxx
  • Dotty123
    I’ve lost stone in weight diabetes played up asthma was real bad are they allowed to do this it’s blooming disgrace we’re ill British and getting treat like **** there going out all us off esa and make us grovel it’s disgusting 
  • sandy69
    I have asthma and diabetes I was in hospital last march coughed blood up,what I don't understand she ask me if I ever went to a special school she didn't have in report anything I told her,
  • Dotty123
    They just don’t care there not interested some haven’t clue x
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yeah clearly we have had different experiences, there is certainly no harm in supplying evidence with the the ESA50 as that will maximise the chances of a paper assessment, and emailing it as well, but I just feel its also good to bring evidence with you to a f2f as well, So they not just relying on visual observations.

I am very surprised to even read that assessors have refused evidence been presented to them, that to me is worth making a formal complaint about.  If it happens to me I would quite likely try to end the assessment.
  • Dotty123
    That seems easy raise your voice or disagree with one they cancel the meeting say you can work it’s a blooming farce all this disgrace 
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Hi Dotty ,
                  My sister has had awful breast cancer and had to have breast removal
    and very deep and harsh surgery and the radiation caused severe burns and a secondary cancer. Her ESA was stopped after a Face to Face
    She has to go to a tribunal ,Its a disgrace that things have to come to this
    She has worked so hard all her life and she feels so weak after all the surgery
    she has had.
    DWP say its a disease not a disability but the awful cancer has caused
    disabilities.
    As my sister says DWP is using non medical staff to assess at FTF were as it should be medical professionals assessing
    Will let you know how her tribunal goes
    Losing our mother to breast cancer was bad enough let alone all this to cope with
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2019
    @teejays1617 i'm sorry to hear about your sister. The way she's been treated is disgusting. May i ask if she was having treatment for the cancer or recovering from the treatment for it when she had her face to face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    It’s a blooming disgrace f2f make your doctor a liar and yet they are the most awful bad mannered peaple to see they say we’re fit well but surely our doctors no us better I hope you win tribunal I thought when you get word from tribunal you get paid again xx
  • Dotty123
    It’s like the assessors no more than your dr my dr report says unable to work yet she wasn’t happy with that it’s unjust x
  • teejays1617
    Hi Poppy,
                    My sister was being treated for the CANCER  even at the time of the FTF . McMillan have said they will go to the tribunal with my sister.
    I went to see my sister at the Queen Elizabeth and I was directed to the BURNS UNIT . What a shock !! My sister had breast removal ,it was very deep and they had to use muscle tissue from he back and shoulder for re-construction.
    She is so weak
    At the FTF they asked her if she could pick up a pen.She picked it up
    Then weeks later she lost all her ESA 
    i'M GLAD SHE IS APPEALING
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    When I went for my PIP assessment  I took more evidence in, she logged it and I signed for it. I asked  If I could see what she was writing about me , she wasn't happy with this request as I stated it is in your leaflet and I am entitled to see what you are writing about me. She did show me all the evidence I had sent and looked through the paperwork I had took in as well . I think I was one of the lucky one's .

It was all recorded in the report . 
  • teejays1617
    Hi Apollo,
                   Any good news yet or any good news from anyone regarding backdating their housing benefit claim because of claiming SDP
  • Marie123
    Marie123 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Just ben in to DWP Job Centre for interview re ESA claim . Seemed to go ok. I gave them my ESA claim form and two sick /fit notes . Had to sign a commitment form . Agreed that I need to let them know if anything changes , give them accurate information and attend any appointments they arrange . The part about job clubs etc says is ticked,  This does not apply to you . Confused what happens next ? It's contribution/ New style ESA I am applying for. She also said my claim for ESA  from last year before I went back to work was still on the system so that would save a lot of paper work. ?? I'm none the wiser  ?     
  • poppy123456
    New style ESA is similar to the old ESA but this is purely contributions based and no premiums are paid on top of this. The agreement you signed was just to say if any changes take place you will tell them. You won't have to attend any further appointments, like you would if you were claiming Universal credit. You'll need to continue to send in the fit notes until after you're assessed and a decision is made. Your weekly payments will be £73.10 paid fortnightly in arrears. Savings/capital do not affect this. It also doesn't automatically entitle you to free NHS treatment and for this you'll need to take a look at the NHS low income scheme and fill out a form.

If you rent your home you won't be able to claim housing benefit to help with this, instead you'll need to claim universal credit.
  • Marie123
    Marie123 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I'm having to have loads of dental treatment because of my cancer treatment and Biophosphonate  bone treatments . Is there any help with this 
  • poppy123456
    Are you currently going through treatment or recently received treatment for cancer, such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy?

For NHS prescriptions then you'll need to look at the NHS low income scheme. You'll need to fill out a form for this and wait for the decision.  https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-low-income-scheme

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.