No longer able to claim JSA and receive NI credits...? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No longer able to claim JSA and receive NI credits...?

mark99
mark99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

I was claiming JSA on and off throughout 2018 and during the periods I was claiming I was only eligible for NI credits.

At the end of December last year I made a new claim (rapid reclaim) for JSA. however, I have now been told that the claim cannot be accepted and a claim for Universal Credit must be made. I have savings in excess of 16K so I am not eligible to make a UC claim. Is there anyway that I can get around this and somehow get my NI credits while I am unemployed and looking for work.

Having paid 24 years of NI contributions while working it seems a bit unfair that I am denied NI credits while I find myself unemployed.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.