Pip taken off me after iuc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip taken off me after iuc

Options
suzieq132
suzieq132 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all just wanted to tell you

So I had an interview under caution for which they have taken all of my money from me. Their written report is absolute rubbish taken on about 5 days of when my dog who I rely upon nearly died. The report is sketchy to say the least. Written at one point I had in my hands a dog three leads and a large handbag whilst smoking and using my phone oh and an extra dog even appears at one point which also conflicts with the small bag I had over my shoulder when setting out   It would be laughable if it wasn't my life they were playing with. The last report continually states that I am okay and confidently in affected  it doesn't state that I was in hospital after that day with hypertension type 3. Only snippets of the interview were used in the written transcripts. All was highly edited to show what they wanted to be the truth and not the actual truth. Any tips for going forward on the mandatory reconsideration? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did you contact an advice centre near you for further advice with this as advised in your previous thread? It's impossible to give advice on an internet forum without knowing your case.

You really do need expert advice here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzieq132
    Options
    Thank you so much xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm sorry i can't help you further but you really do need urgent face to face advice. This way, you'll be able to tell them all your details and the reasons why you were claiming PIP etc. They'll then be able to help you with the best way forward. See if there's a welfare rights or a law centre near you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzieq132
    Options
    Thank you. I can't believe they had 6 days of footage of me doing one thing. I rely on that dog He helps me with my anxiety I can't very well take him into asda with me. Somehow I think they will dismiss that though  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    suzieq132 said:
    Thank you. I can't believe they had 6 days of footage of me doing one thing. I rely on that dog He helps me with my anxiety I can't very well take him into asda with me. Somehow I think they will dismiss that though  

One of the questions asked at a PIP face to face assessment is if you have a pet. If you answer yes to a dog, then that by itself would indicate to an assessor that you are able to look after that animal in all ways that are necessary walking, nutrition, health etc etc 
  • suzieq132
    Options
    Daughter's walk the dog and I have been trying to walk him too, the other two don't need or like walks, I got the big one to help with my anxiety specifically, which he has, I'm less anxious in my house and feel protected by him,  my daughter looks after them physically as she wants to be a vet  
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @yadnad...owning a dog might 'indicate' a lot of things to an assessor but, without further questions such as "Do you walk/feed/groom" the dog, an indication is all that it is. 

Unfortunately, it would appear, some of these assumptions seem to find there way into the reports!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    cristobal said:
    @yadnad...owning a dog might 'indicate' a lot of things to an assessor but, without further questions such as "Do you walk/feed/groom" the dog, an indication is all that it is. 

Unfortunately, it would appear, some of these assumptions seem to find there way into the reports!
    You are quite right and why should the assessor go any further in asking more questions about the ownership of a dog? They have an answer which will then form the basis of an assumption. The assessor isn't there to help or assist a claimant to gain points.

Slightly off the subject but there are two ways of gaining points. Start at the descriptor that gives 0 points and work down. When they come to a descriptor that fits - then that is what they will recommend.

The correct way is to start at the bottom - at the descriptor that gives most points. Then move upwards to find the one that fits. 

As a general way of doing these, the first way will almost always give lower points than doing it the second way. Why? Because they should consider the reliability factor.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.