UC and fit note. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and fit note.

jjsonofagun
jjsonofagun Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
If you have a fit note, do you still have to look for work to get UC?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jjsonofagun   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

We have lots of information about Universal Credit on our website.

You could contact CAB about Universal credit your question. They have knowledge and expertise.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Steve065
    Steve065 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I was in your situation no you don't. I have been transferred over to the new ESA as I used up the maximum number of weeks allowed for sick notes..I am suffering from severe frozen shoulder on my left arm am due to have surgery on it on 28th  February. I can't wait been suffering with it for over 6 months it has been agony and killing me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When claiming UC with a sick/fit note this doesn't automatically qualify you for LCW. There's also a claimant commitment when claiming UC. Whether or not you'll need to do any job searches will depend on your work coach. Some will reduce them very few will turn them off while you're sending in the sick note.

It's different to claiming ESA.

Once you've had a face to face assessment a decision will be made on your claim. If the decision is LCWRA then you'll be placed into the no work requirements group.

If the decision is LCW then you'll be placed into the work preparation group and you'll be expected to take reasonable steps to prepare for work.

All explained here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.