Tribunal in 3 wks — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal in 3 wks

angrymom2019
angrymom2019 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Need help it's driving me mad with worry I can't sleep 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this @angrymom2019. Is there something specific about the tribunal you're looking for help with?
  • angrymom2019
    So worried when the day comes I will forget what I need too remember x
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Just be yourself i know its hard but my experience was good. Judge Doctor and Disability expert were very nice and i was a nervous wreck. I won my appeal Goodluck.
  • angrymom2019
    I'm a nervous person anyway hun but feel like will be integrated on the day xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The one and only time that I ever attended a Tribunal was on my wife's behalf as she was ill in bed having just come out of hospital

The questioning was ridiculous, how did they expect me to know how she felt. I explained what I knew etc but that was it. The doctor then asked a question - if my wife's pain relief medication (morphine) had run out what would I do? Told him that as I am also prescribed that same medication I would give her some of mine then order some from the GP.

All hell broke loose after that and was ushered out of the room. Then called back 5mins later to be told that I was a drug dealer, had no credibility and should be reported to the police authority!

Obviously they turned her down flat.

• vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Well if that hasn't made angrymom2019 more nervous and anxious about her hearing nothing will. You have obviously had a very bad experience and are very angry but how is your comment helpful in this instance? 
  • minniemoo
    minniemoo Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @angrymom2019 hi don’t let other people’s experiences worry you ? I was in the same position as yourself no sleep worrying but honestly it was fine. I was greeted with a lovely lady who was the clerk at my tribunal she was most helpful and guided me. I answered questions truthfully and the panel were very caring and supportive. I wish you all the best and hope you recieve the result you want I won my appeal and I had my result sent out to me recieved the very next day! do you have anyone attending with you? X 
  • angrymom2019
    Aww thank you hun it's awfull I hope you won your case x
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    My daughter went to tribunal and 4 hrs before her case she received a phone call stating she didn't have to attend and that she had won. Waited 11 months in all from requesting to go to tribunal to the actual date. Keep calm, positive and I am sure you will be fine Theses people who sit on the panel are not monsters, they are there to be impartial. Good luck and update us x
  • minniemoo
    minniemoo Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @angrymom2019 yes I won my case ? let us know how you get on x Good Luck ? 
  • angrymom2019
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    vollante said:
    My daughter went to tribunal and 4 hrs before her case she received a phone call stating she didn't have to attend and that she had won. Waited 11 months in all from requesting to go to tribunal to the actual date. Keep calm, positive and I am sure you will be fine Theses people who sit on the panel are not monsters, they are there to be impartial. Good luck and update us x
    Not so from my experience and the experiences of others on this site.
    However like everything in life there are good and bad experiences.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.