My assessment experience — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My assessment experience

kettle
kettle Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Went for my face to face on Tuesday, transferring from indefinite dla to pip ,been claiming dla for 18 years full award for a combination of illnesses due to bowel diseases.  I feel that the assessor was putting words in my mouth ! I felt intimidated and uncomfortable my complex health issues where not even a consideration. My interview lasted 80 minutes I've been left feeling that I'm some sort of fraudster , is this a common tactic from assessors to make you feel like your wasting everyone's time !

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kettle Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what has happened. You are not alone. Many members have had many and similar experiences including my self.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

One suggestion I would consider is to speak to your local MP.  They need to know what is happening to our community.

Another further suggestions are to complain to ATOS or CAPITA. Who ever is doing the assessments.

We are here to support you and help if we can. Please ask.  Always some one here to listen and talk to.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kettle, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences and particularly that your assessment left you feeling uncomfortable. I'm sure many of our members will be able to empathise, and will hopefully be in touch soon to share their thoughts.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.