Will I be taken off UC and put back on ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I be taken off UC and put back on ESA?

baileyboy18
baileyboy18 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
I was placed on contribution based ESA from contribution based incapacity benefit.
Been informed by DWP this was wrong and I should have been assessed and placed on income related ESA.
Because I lost the mobility component from my benefits I was taken out of the support group which meant I could only receive contribution based ESA for 365 days.
Once I completed 365 days I was advised as I live in a pilot universal credit borough that I had to apply for UC.
My issue is this if I should have been on income related ESA I would not have had to apply for UC. UC does not have the severe disablilty premium and from the info I read only those people who are part of the 'managed migration' qualify for transitional protection.
Will I be taken off UC and put back on ESA? 
Who should I be contacting to address this mistake. 
No one is paid to care for me I am classified as homeless (sofa surf) which has been the case since 2014. 
I have asked UC and enquired to the ESA number on the ESA3 form I completed and sent back in November 2018? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.