assesment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assesment report

stephene
stephene Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i had my assessment for pip on wednesday 23rd jan. i asked for a copy of what was written by the assessor and was told id have to ring the dwp and request it from them, when i asked the dwp they said yes i can have a copy but i wont recieve it until after a decision has been made,,,,,,,is this the correct procedure,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's correct if you live in Northern Ireland, otherwise it's not correct. Lots of people receive their assessment report before a decision is made, myself included. Some will refuse to send it. My advice, ring again Monday morning, chances are you'll speak to someone totally different and they'll agree to send you a copy but they will only send a copy to you once they receive both reports back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's correct if you live in Northern Ireland, otherwise it's not correct. Lots of people receive their assessment report before a decision is made, myself included. Some will refuse to send it. My advice, ring again Monday morning, chances are you'll speak to someone totally different and they'll agree to send you a copy but they will only send a copy to you once they receive both reports back.
    It is correct for BOTH NI and the rest of the UK. It is only by concession that those living in England can get it before the decision is issued. The DWP are not required or obliged to issue it.

• poppy123456
    Whether it's correct or not, it applies to all of UK not just England. Lots of people receive a copy of the assessment report before a decision is made. This applies to PIP and ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jade08
    Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hi , 
    I had my PIP in January, Poppy told me to ring a week later to get the report which i did, then 6 days later my report arrived.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 is correct ( as is usually the case)

DWP have always sent me a copy - I live In Wales
  • poppy123456
    Thanks @Jade08 and @cristobal
    I remember last year when i was waiting for a decision on my daughters claim. Once the report had finally been returned (took 5 weeks) i rang for a copy of the report. The snotty horrible woman i spoke to told me that i couldn't possibly have a copy of it until a decision was made. My reply... ok thanks very much! I put the phone down and rang again, spoke to a different really nice woman who happily agreed to send it out. 2 days later i received it.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456...I was going to suggest doing just that...but then I thought that I couldn't be that cheeky!
  • poppy123456
    cristobal said:
    @poppy123456...I was going to suggest doing just that...but then I thought that I couldn't be that cheeky!
    Moral of the story...... never believe anything the DWP tell you.
  • Yadnad
    edited January 2019
    Thanks @Jade08 and @cristobal
    I remember last year when i was waiting for a decision on my daughters claim. Once the report had finally been returned (took 5 weeks) i rang for a copy of the report. The snotty horrible woman i spoke to told me that i couldn't possibly have a copy of it until a decision was made. My reply... ok thanks very much! I put the phone down and rang again, spoke to a different really nice woman who happily agreed to send it out. 2 days later i received it.

Moral of the story...... never believe anything the DWP tell you.

As I have said before - the DWP are not obliged or required to send out that document. Your first contact was quite correct, your second contact decided to ignore the rules.
     It's not a question of not believing anything the DWP says, it's more a point of not accepting what you were told which happened to be the correct answer.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    I have no idea why you insist on quoting what i say and continue to argue with me throughout many of my comments here on the forum. I'm really not bothered what you say because you seem to be a rather argumentative person. You rarely have anything good or positive to say to anyone.

I've said it before and i'll say it again DWP can and do send out assessment reports for both PIP and ESA if you live anywhere in the UK.
  • fossoux
    fossoux Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi @poppy123456, you are so right!! Yadnad, it would seem, side’s with the DWP and their careless attitude towards disabled people! Very argumentative and probably cannot empathise with the stress and anxiety caused throughout the pip application process! Very well said Poppy, I agree with what you said entirely!
  • Yadnad
    fossoux said:
    Hi @poppy123456, you are so right!! Yadnad, it would seem, side’s with the DWP and their careless attitude towards disabled people! Very argumentative and probably cannot empathise with the stress and anxiety caused throughout the pip application process! Very well said Poppy, I agree with what you said entirely!
    To put this to bed, I do not argue for the sake of arguing. I try to add to and/or correct previous comments.
    I only point out what the DWP guidance is when relating to how the PIP system should work - call it the DWP's bible of what and what not to do.
    It is quite clear that the issuing of the assessors report before a decision has been made goes against the guidance. Whether the DWP actually do issue these documents on request is another thing, strictly they are not obliged to do so.
    Some will, some won't.

I have total empathy for disabled people - I too am one. You have no idea what stress, anxiety or depression I feel. Those are my issues which I try to keep to myself.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.