SSCS1 Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SSCS1 Form

STANDUPOAP
STANDUPOAP Posts: 60 Connected
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
What to include with this form.
You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response.-----------  Now this is what I.m talking about. The courts are saying the DWP will not withhold any evidence / or information you have already sent. Why would the Courts say this, are they supposed to be impartial? My SSCS1 form was left out by DWP.  My MP [edited by moderator]  sent a letter to the Courts asking if my SSCS1 was not in my defence papers and correspondence and if it should have been? Here is part of the letter I received two days ago from my MP that was sent to him from [edited by moderator] ,Clerk to the Tribunal, Customer Contact Team, Birmingham Administrative Support Centre (ASC) 
SSCS1 FORM
I note from Mr [edited by moderator]  email that he is concerned that the SSCS1 has not been included. I've checked the appeal papers and can confirm we have the SSCS1 form in her appeal file, but the form was not part of the Department for Work and Pensions (dwp) submission, when it should be. I have now added a copy as part of her appeal bundle and sent Miss Lewendon a copy on 25 January 2019. 
So as i said if they (DWP) can leave out information as they did. How can the Courts tell you no need to include evidence/ information. 
And now all the SSCS1 forms ever filled by PIP claimants will need to be reassessed due to this Error of LAW.? 
Not sure how this is going to get sorted, I feel because the Courts had our SSCS1 form same time as DWP. Then 6 weeks later the dwp send my wife and Courts their response, how come the Courts didn't notice this?  Other Question. What would have happened in Court when we used or related to or SSCS1 form. Would this be allowed? error of Law? When[edited by moderator] says he has added a copy to her bundle, why? we sent the Courts the SSCS1 copy by registered post in October 2018. Other Question. He makes no mention nor does Alok Sharma that they have reported this to DWP ?  
Report this to you MP they could have left out evidence / information in your case, when form by Courts states the DWP  will not leave out information. How has the Courts allowed to make this Statement on this Form? It's not true?

Comments

• STANDUPOAP
    Sorry i'm not that good at writing things and it all sounds a bit gibberish. but at the end of the day the DWP have left out Vital SSCS1 form in our case all evidence / information Quote by Courts no need? is a pack of lies. you cannot trust this Statement by the Courts about the DWP. The more PIP claimants that write to their MPs  asking for a Reading or attraction or understanding  this may have happened to you in your sscs1 form filling, evidence sending, information collected? How many OAPs  like me an my wife have been treated and lied to in this way?
  • STANDUPOAP
    Tried to ring SCOPES media to bring this to attention to the millions that this SSCS1 form must have been filled in by unsuspecting OAP, disability claimants and what CLAIM,  this form is being used?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @STANDUPOAP, thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. It's clearly a very frustrating situation and I'm sure many of our members will be able to empathise too. Many of us are already all too aware of the many issues surrounding benefits assessments, and we have some brilliant community members and advisors who do their best to help each other out with their applications and appeals.

It's brilliant to hear that you're being so proactive about the situation and sharing your experiences with others. I'm not sure if you've considered making an official DWP complaint or if this would be appropriate, but if so you can find the complaints procedure here.

If you’d like to complain any aspect of the service you’ve received, let the office you have been dealing with know as soon as possible. We’ll do our best to put things right.

You can contact us by phone, in person or in writing. When you contact us, please tell us:
    • your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
    • your full name, address and contact numbers
    • which benefit you are complaining about
    • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
    • what you want to happen to put things right
  • STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
    Well yes but i think the complaint should be from all SSCS1 form fillers and it should be written so we can all sign a pettition for the DWP and Courts to be accounted for what amounts to collusion with out any doubt this what happened with us could have happened thousands of times. How would any one know? Every time this form has been used the Courts say No NEED to send any evidence / information as the DWP will do this? That is a lie. This is not the case, [edited by moderator]  a DWP representee and the Court Clerk ADMITS THIS  in his letter, They should call up an investigation now. They should cancel all PIP and any other Complaint that uses this form.

And SCOPE should play a big part in all this. Scope, DWP, the Courts, know whats i'm talking about, they tell you something on the form thats not true and it means they can leave out what ever they like, without you expecting otherwise because they have told you the DWP will send all. I will not let this end here. Doubt now if my wife will win her appeal, for my ranting about all this. But put that against Thousands of OAP, dissabilty, claimers using this form. It's not right, this ain't about my wifes appeal it's about whats right. And MP [edited by moderator]  and the Courts Clerk [edited by moderator] Know this. If they do nothing about all the thousands that have been fleeced in the past then their not fit for their job, nor is the form for the future. This is how I  feel SCOPE have Members who know all about this SSCS1 form and Mandatory etc. I don't see them commenting on this POST-THREAD . Hiding behind corners, They know. They are the ones that should speak up here, there is no excuse for what happened. How many times in the past? what are they going to do? all the people who belived the Courts. How do they feel now? What can they do?
    Write to your MP, email your MP. phone your MP tell them your afraid of your information / file, /evidence , could be disregarded/ ommitted, as was the case of [edited by moderator]  from Reading. They will have to reply and investigate your concerns.

• djbantiques
    djbantiques Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Don't you think it could have just been an oversight by the DWP clerk when putting the papers together ?
  • STANDUPOAP
    Oversight you say? I sent copies of SSCS1 form to DWP and COURTS in OCTOBER registered mail. Still got receipts. 6 weeks later the DWP send 100 page all evidence / information to us, and the Courts. Now Our SSCS1 form was not in with this, nor was it in the Courts bundle either. The Courts never picked this up? nor did the DWP. My MP wrote to the Courts last week and they replled the SSCS1 form should have been included in bundle. Oversight NO, The COURTS STATE ON THE FORM NO NEED TO SEND EVIDENCE / INFORMATION AS THE DWP WILL DO THIS. Oversite How can the COURTS stand impartial then making this Statement? and then find its a pack of lies, how many times this happened, THOUSANDS of OAP was told by the Courts that the DWP would send all to them .Sounds to me they are in this together, why would the Courts give this information to us, do they check? Do they read all sscs1 forms to make sure the DWP sent them in Bundle? No.Why not? If you went to Court and was told the police have made a statement stating no witnesses were at the scene of the crime, and Media reports states other wise, Facebook,Twitter,Snapchat, etc. Plenty of evidence there was Witnesses. And the Courts say the police statement will hold as true. Would you go along with it? Or would you challenge the Courts? Oversight, error, overworked, collusion,lying, couldn't care less, confidence, tricky, unaware, no one will notice, Dont likehim / her, Whatever there's a BIG WRONG here, and the old,and disabled are the ones that are suffering. Your comment will definately get cross eyed looks. Do you work for DWP? was it your fault? How many times you made this error? Its good you have come forward, its not your fault, the Courts said to trust you. they are out of order to say this.They don't know you? Mate i'm just sumising, pulling your leg. I mean no harm.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    STANDUPOAP,
    You could of course complain to the DWP about their failure to include the SSCS1 form. However, I can see from your original post that it has now been included, so I don't think this is going to affect your appeal adversely in any way.

I can also tell you that it isn't the norm. The DWP do usually include the SSCS1 form, as well as the MR notice & other relevant letters and documents. So I don't think this is a general failure that needs policy action.

It is however an example of how the DWP often do make mistakes in the bundle & miss out documents - which is why it's worth checking, and worth sending in your own copies of the paperwork if you can. 

As far as I can tell your appeal hasn't been heard yet, and the Tribunals Service has seen your SSCS1, so I can't see that there is any error of law. I hope you get the right result.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for reply Will 4 paragraphs. I will ask and answer you 1 at a time,
    paragraph one.
    What had I not noticed the SSCS1 form was missing? Could I suppose other Evidence /information was missing. Would the missing documents be case for appeal after losing at this tribunal. As you can only appeal on an error of law? Missing vital SSCS1 form is her defence. every ones defence/reasons for why they fill in the form.
    paragraph two.
    How can you say this isn't the norm? How would anyone know? The Courts say DWP will send all. So no need for policy action when they don't? Is that what your saying, That all SSCS1 forms left out of defence sent to DWP  not produced in Bundle prior to Court appearance does not need a policy change?
    paragraph 3
    Well Will if your statement is true, have you any evidence? I have evidence. I will show it to you and in Parliament. And this too, which you fail to mention----------What to include with this form.
     "You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response" 
    This is what it says on the SSCS1 form you send in. So No you don't need to do what you say, the COURTS who supposedly are impartial tell you the DWP will send evidence/information. HOW or WHY are they allowed to do this?
    Paragraph 4
    Correct  appeal not heard yet---
     Tribunal was sent copy of SSCS1 form in October as was DWP. And when I noticed it was missing I sort advice from my MP he wrote to the Courts,The courts clerk wrote back saying it should have been included, and he has now included it in our appeal papers, not sure if he has sent the DWP a copy. Not sure if he should? not sure if DWP would have revoked PIP action had they had our declaration of appeal,that was the SSCS1 form. The letter from and to my MP  and Court Clerk has no mention about what they should do? As for an error of law? Any evidence withheld by any parties regarding  information vital to an appeal by which the Courts have said would be emitted by the DWP  is an error of  law. Committed by the DWP and my opinion concluded with Courts by saying on SSCS1 form . 
    As for getting the right result, It's for my wife.
     And ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE BEEN FLEECED, LIED TO, CONNED, BENEFIT LOSSES all because they believed this statement on the SSCS1 form.------  
    What to include with this form. "You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response"
    The Courts sound as if they are in cahoots with DWP  don't you think Will? 
    Thanks again for you reply. This 
    thread-post definitely needs exposure, Could change Policy as you say? good point, 
    Not sure where this ends sent emails to 20 or so MPs last night. and on Facebook, also to Newspapers,,Don't think this can be sorted without action from the people that make the law-rules. The Courts can.t be seen to be saying the part about DWP will send etc. And DWP missing, losing, evidence / information, How many times? how would any one know. Below is COPY of MY email to Newspapers,---------------------------
    COURTS--V- DWP Collusion? Proof on SSCS1 form for all to see, how come this has never been picked up? because when the courts say something you automatically believe its true. 'HERE'S WHAT IT SAYS QUOTE: What to include with this form. "You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response".------------------------- 
    Now this is what I'm talking about. The courts are saying the DWP will not withhold any evidence / or information you have already sent. Why would the Courts say this, are they supposed to be impartial? My SSCS1 form was left out by DWP. How about Yours? My MP
    [edited by moderator] sent a letter to the Courts asking if my SSCS1 was in my defence papers and correspondence and if it should have been? Here is part of the letter I received two days ago from my MP that was sent to him from [edited by moderator]  Clerk to the Tribunal, Customer Contact Team, Birmingham Administrative Support Centre (ASC) SSCS1 FORM -----------------
     " I note from Mr 
    [edited by moderator]  email that he is concerned that the SSCS1 has not been included. I've checked the appeal papers and can confirm we have the SSCS1 form in her appeal file, but the form was not part of the Department for Work and Pensions (dwp) submission, when it should be. I have now added a copy as part of her appeal bundle and sent Miss[edited by moderator]  a copy on 25 January 2019".--------------------------------------------  So as I said if they (DWP) can leave out information as they did. How can the Courts tell you no need to include evidence/ information. And now all the SSCS1 forms ever filled by PIP claimants will need to be reassessed due to this Error of LAW.? Not sure how this is going to get sorted, I feel because the Courts had our SSCS1 form same time as DWP. Then 6 weeks later the DWP send my wife and Courts their response Bundles, how come the Courts didn't notice this? Other Question. What would have happened in Court when we used or related to or SSCS1 form. Would this be allowed? error of Law? When [edited by moderator]  says he has added a copy to her bundle, why? we sent the Courts the SSCS1 copy by registered post in October 2018. Other Question. He makes no mention nor does[edited by moderator]  that they have reported this to DWP ? Report this to you MP they could have left out evidence / information in your case, when form by Courts states the DWP will not leave out information. How has the Courts allowed to make this Statement on this Form? It's not true? GOOD LUCK. Hope you all get your benefits back.
    The Benefits Training co: Could you please advise? thank you from us all.

• STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
    Sent this email to my MP a few hours ago, so waiting for reply usually takes ten days to get answer.date 03/02/2019
    Dear [edited by moderator] 
                         Would the DWP now after leaving out crucial evidence / information, consider revoking the case to the Courts, all this has been so fretful, causing sleepiness, anxiety. Could you ask on her behalf that not having all this information would or could have been a different decision. And also they might have left out more information / evidence.  The letter from the Court Clerk and your reply to us. Say's yes an error but no mention of the thousands this might have happened to in the past and future? Also no mention of how the Courts can tell everyone that that the DWP will do something? It doesn't  hold up, are they not impartial? how did the DWP allow this statement to be on the SSCS1 form? without questioning its position ? What proof does the Courts have there will not be a mistake or error missing out information / evidence by the DWP as was in our case?
    I have asked this question to many MPs and as of this time had no answers.
    Hoping to hear from you soon
  • STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
    Subject : RE: DWP sscs1 form not worthy 

Dear Mr [edited by moderator] 

Thank you for contacting [edited by moderator] MP; she has asked that I reply.  Unfortunately there are strict parliamentary protocols in place that prevent an MP supporting someone out with their own constituency, therefore Angela is unable to assist you going forward.  May I suggest that you contact your own local MP.  Whilst I appreciate that [edited by moderator]  is named in your email and has already been involved with your wife’s case, he is the best elected representative to advise you going forward.

I’m sorry that we are unable to assist.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For your own protection it is always best not to use real names on the forum. I'd advise you to edit your post and remove the names included in it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
                              he is the best elected representative to advise you going forward.

I’m sorry that we are unable to assist.

The BEST you say, He did this, When i first made contact with[edited by moderator] I asked, he did nothing until we discussed my wife's options? Next thing I know  he sent The Clerk of the Courts a letter asking if her SSCS1 form was left out of her defence, Why would he do this? He knows its the DWP who sends out the Bundle of all evidence / information? They are the one's that made the first error here' Has he a mind to blame The Courts before DWP, WHY? The Courts say the DWP will send the bundle which will have all evidence / information for your tribunal hearing. This did not happen, then why did he ask this question. He knew the answer. If he's the best representative for my wife's claim, as you say. Why did he not tell the DWP that leaving out her sscs1 form would have  made the statement by The Courts a pack of lies?  And would need a policy change as the form is not fit for what it says. 

You say you can't get involved because we are not in your area. So your saying to YOUR constitutes that have filled in the SSCS1 form and lost their appeal because the The Courts allow the DWP the right to say NO NEED. There Is nothing you can do? You can't speak up in Parliament and ask that all the OAPs and Disabled that lost their benefits because information / evidence they sent in for their defence, for their claim has got lost,mislaid, etc, whatever,

Your people who trust you to do whats right, Your made aware of [edited by moderator]  and the Courts Clerk ADMITTING an error on the Vital FORM and you do nothing? Because he's elected? in READING.

Your also the Best as your Elected, in your constituency to represent and ask the Question rather than let this form SSCS1 wreck lives. When something needs changing ,as does the wording on this form . [edited by moderator] has proved his alliance with the DWPs  SHAMBOLIC  Attempt to take millions of pounds off the OAPs  & DISABLED by this SSCS1 form and the Courts Collusion. And now [edited by moderator]  joins the Battle, on the side of the i'm all right jack brigade. Join the ME TOO abused SSCS1 form party.

Thank you for a reply.

• STANDUPOAP
    STANDUPOAP said: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried to ring SCOPES media to bring this to attention to the millions that this SSCS1 form must have been filled in by unsuspecting OAP, disability claimants and what CLAIM,  this form is being used for. but no Answer 
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Hi, @STANDUPOAP

Here on the community team, we really appreciate your contributions recently on the online community. However, we’ve noticed that some of your responses have perhaps been a little confrontational and is something that’s been recently picked up upon and flagged by other members. Because of this, we wanted to get in touch and ask if everything is okay at the moment?

We do need to remind you of  the community guidelines. It is important to remember that words read online don’t always convey tone or context and so may be misinterpreted, therefore it is important to consider language and audience.

In particular, your comments on this post where you are naming individuals, is not in keeping with our guidelines. We will be editing your posts shortly to remove any names you quote.  The individuals may not be on our community and are therefore unable to defend themselves.

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

A  post may be removed if we think it might be,

• impersonating someone
    • against the law
    • harassing, inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, offensive, pornographic, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate
    • advertising
    • infringing copyright.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • STANDUPOAP
    Yea take your point. obviously  And yes I can understand why some on here are not wanting to here what I got  to say. Debbie, YOU SAY have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch. Can you answer this Question,
    What to include with this form.
    You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response.-----------  Now this is what I.m talking about. The courts are saying the DWP will not withhold any evidence / or information you have already sent. Why would the Courts say this, are they supposed to be impartial? My SSCS1 form was left out by DWP.  My MP xxxxxxxx sent a letter to the Courts asking if my SSCS1 was not in my defence papers and correspondence and if it should have been? Here is part of the letter I received two days ago from my MP that was sent to him from xxxxxxxxx ,Clerk to the Tribunal, Customer Contact Team, Birmingham Administrative Support Centre (ASC) 
    SSCS1 FORM
    I note from Mr xxxxxxx email that he is concerned that the SSCS1 has not been included. I've checked the appeal papers and can confirm we have the SSCS1 form in her appeal file, but the form was not part of the Department for Work and Pensions (dwp) submission, when it should be.
    My Question again which Scope has not answered and proberly the complaints from DWP AND COURT officials that speak on this site, that are not wanting this SSCS1 form statement being Scrutinised by Parliament etc. Also you say flagged? might they flag it, as they want an answer? And yes I am ok Thank you for asking, not much bothers me, Whats done is done, Life to short. 70 next year and nothing means more to my wife and I than our Grand Children. We are well off and don't need any handouts we not intitled to. I'm a born again Christian and can't lie if I wanted to. Anyone will tell you that.
    Yes getting back to Scope's, DWP,, Courts, to answer the question? Iv'e had no replies from over 25 MPs who i've asked. they have responsibilities to their OAPs, Disabled, This statement by the Courts about the DWP smacks all that have filled in the form now and in the past. And yes if you want to sling me off the site bcause of my assistant asking why you don't answer or agree with what is going on. If you feel asking the Courts what the xxxx went on here, would have divesre  actions you may have to take, then so be it.
    At the end of the day this has gone past my wifes appeal SSCS1 form not included, lost evidence / information.
    It's how many other times this happened or going to happen.
    I can't turn a blind eye to this, even if they grant her, her appeal I would still compaingn for this Statement by the Courts about the text reading of what the DWP are going to do. and in my opinion so should any and all that have or will fill this form in.
    Consider language and audience: don't swear that often, When I do i mispell the words, flock this flock that but I never would you this to any person, to person. What the flock happened hear, at worst.
    Audience? OAPs, Disabled, Carers, MPs Doctors, DWP, Courts,WHOEVER,
    Like I said Can't tell lies, and I would never diss anyone who never had it coming. This Scope is a Charity that helps thousands and I got respect for what you do and represent. And if your Heads want me gone, forwhatever reason. Not a problem. Do it.
    XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
    STAND UP OAP  

• STANDUPOAP
    Yes I understand about not using my right name.  and i have deleted names now, and thank you for deleting those i missed rules are rules.
    I have nothing to hide or fear from any reprecussions. trolls, idiots scammers,Whatever bring it on mate. old school here the only thing that scares me is living to long.
  • STANDUPOAP
    edited February 2019
    [content removed by moderator]

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @STANDUPOAP,

Your posts have continued to violate our community guidelines and cause concerns among our members. We'll therefore be taking the step of putting your account under moderation. This means that any new comments or discussions will be moderated by staff before they appear on the community. If you show that you are willing to follow our guidelines, we will reverse this change.

You are still welcome to post and be a part of our community, however do bear in mind that we are an online forum where members can speak to others and hear their thoughts. It is not, nor is it intended to be, a place for specialist benefits advice. We're glad to see you've had some useful input from other members, and if you need further assistance, we would encourage you to arrange an appointment with your local Citizens Advice or welfare service. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I am probably missing something here but I am at a loss as to the importance you place on a copy of the SSCS1.

Did you include further evidence not previously supplied ?

You receive a copy of the DWP case, all the evidence that you supplied and the evidence that they use. As part of your submision to the tribunal, it is your responsibility to ensure that all the evidence is in the bundle and if not then you have the opportunity to rectify this with your submission when you make your case.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • STANDUPOAP
    ok CockneyReble help me out here . Sent copy of SSCS1 form to DWP and The Courts which, I got help from CAB and Community Care team to fill in . So this makes it a part of my evidence / information bundle because they say the DWP bundle will consist of all the evidence / information I sent them and they sent me. You say it is my responsibility to ensure that all the evidence is in the bundle? The Courts say the DWP will send it?  My responsibility was to notify the Courts of SSCS1 form and send all information / evidence with in 28 days. this I did registered mail. Have a letter from my MP asking The Clerk of Courts to confirm the SScs1 should have been included in my bundle and he replied yes The form was sent to DWP  and should have been in the bundle. 
    If I sent in a letter from my butcher regarding my health to DWP in support of my claim. it still would have been in the DWP bundle.
     Now the form states as I keep saying no need to send by The Courts as DWP will send all information / evidence, which in my case is a lie. and probably most like this has happened to others. 
     Also how does the The COURTS  get away with stating something the DWP will do? and still look like their impartial.
    CockneyReble if you think I wrong here, or anyone else reading this, please come forward as there are many people watching this thread/ post as it might need a change in Policy or retracted out all together and past tribunals lost  changed due to this DWP/ courts actions. 
    Sent many letter / emails to MPs who have interest in this thread for their Continents, So any help and debate here, will help immensely  .
    Thank you all for a reply, or Question.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.