Being made homeless
Me and my daughter are being made homeless on the 11th off March.
My daughter is a Looked after child which means another local authority share parental rights.
We left foster care on November 2017. We moved into a house when a Moving Out Off Care company took on the tenencey agreement and now there telling us to leave which is okay for them to do so as there the ones who are renting the property.
. We were asked if we wanted to take on the tenency but my daughter has complex needs and the house is unsuitable. My daughter cant walk or talk due to a chromosome microduplication.
So we went to housing Advice and they basically just said to look for private housng or husing occassions until the end off the 56 days. But renting privately is too expensive and hardly any take benefits.
If i cant find anywhere ill have to declare myself homeless on the 11th off March. Then they'll put us in a B&B and we could be there months.
My daughters social worker also contacted them and I won't be high priority for housing.
I just don't don't what to do, I'm struggling finding anywhere. I'm terrified about living in a B&B as I won't be able to bath my daughter safely and I don't know how I'd be able too cook and watch her safety. Her mental and kearlear age is that off a 4 to 8 months old so she has no sense off danger what so ever. 😭😭😭
I don't know what else I can do.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 528 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments