esa , spinal fusion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa , spinal fusion

lisa1972
lisa1972 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi was wondering if anyone can help me ,I had my tribural for esa back in November but it was ajurned got told I should be hearing from them in a few weeks time. My question is can I get esa for spinal fusion I also have bladder problems aswell.i will be taking my support worker with me when I go .

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    In short no, you have to meet the ESA descriptors as to know which group you will be placed into.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,907 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Wilko is correct, being placed into one of the groups is not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisa1972
    lisa1972 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    I have walking issues ,that is part of my spinal problems.but my bladder problems are quite bad to where I can wet myself ,through no fault of my own .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,907 Disability Gamechanger
    To be placed into the Support Group through mobilising (mobility) then they'll take into consideration your ability to use a self propel wheelchair, if they think you can do this then you won't be placed into this group through this descriptor.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.