lionheart — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lionheart

Options
lionheart
lionheart Community member Posts: 18 Listener
I've been on ESA for years now, am I eligible for a rebate or is there a number I can call to verify if I'm applicable?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The underpayments concern those who moved from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago.

If you were one of those then DWP are in the process of contacting everyone that moved to ESA. They will contact you with a letter and the ESA3 form to fill out with all your details. There's no need to contact them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lionheart
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I think I did move from one to the other. I've just spoke to the dwp and they have me an invalid number. Obviously to late to call them back.
    She told me if i call they will get started on my claim. I'm guessing there isn't a number I can call to find out?
  • lionheart
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ESA 0800 169 0310. They open tomorrow morning at 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lionheart
    Options
    Thanks that was the number i called and they gave me a designated other number to call which was not active.
  • lionheart
    Options
    08001690346 was the number they have which was useless!
  • lionheart
    Options
    Gave* damn autocorrect haha
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That number doesn't exist for ESA. May i ask when you started your claim for ESA?
  • lionheart
    Options
    About 2010. I know it doesn't excist. I've found that out for myself lol.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The first number you rang is the correct number, i'm not sure why you were told differently. As i said they are in the process of contacting everyone that moved across from Incapacity benefit. Whether you're owed money will depend on circumstances.
  • lionheart
    Options
    Yeah I guess. Thanks. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.