Worried sick about face to face assessment next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried sick about face to face assessment next week

Jenny1959
Jenny1959 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Three months ago my pip was suspended because my forms had been sent to the wrong address 4 times.Because of advice I received on this forum I wrote to my local MP and my pip was reinstated.I received a review form, to the right address this time, and I filled it in and sent it back.Yesterday I received a letter saying that I have to go to a face to face assessment next week and I am worried sick about it.I suffer from Severe Arthritic pain down my right side and I take 2 codeine 4 times a day for the pain.I also use freeze gel, ibruprofen gel and heat spray which I buy myself because I can't get any of it on prescription.My shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, knees, ankles and toes frequently lock which means I often don't get to the toilet in time.When my knees, ankles or toes lock when I walk  I fall over.i can't sleep or eat for worrying about the pending face to face assessment.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jenny. Hang on you should head from someone soon x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Jenny1959 said:
    Three months ago my pip was suspended because my forms had been sent to the wrong address 4 times.Because of advice I received on this forum I wrote to my local MP and my pip was reinstated.I received a review form, to the right address this time, and I filled it in and sent it back.Yesterday I received a letter saying that I have to go to a face to face assessment next week and I am worried sick about it.I suffer from Severe Arthritic pain down my right side and I take 2 codeine 4 times a day for the pain.I also use freeze gel, ibruprofen gel and heat spray which I buy myself because I can't get any of it on prescription.My shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, fingers, knees, ankles and toes frequently lock which means I often don't get to the toilet in time.When my knees, ankles or toes lock when I walk  I fall over.i can't sleep or eat for worrying about the pending face to face assessment.
    If you are anything like my poor 76 year old wife who also has Arthritis in almost every joint of her body. So much so she receives high rate Attendance Allowance as she has great difficulty in getting about indoors or/and out.
    You just have to keep working with the system if you want the benefit.
    Mind you she went for a renewal of her Blue Badge and was turned down as she was assessed as being too fit to need it!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling worried @Jenny1959. Do you have people around you who can help you through it?

You're not alone. Many of our members have been through this process and will be able to empathise. Keep on keeping on, and most importantly look after yourself. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • Jenny1959
    Jenny1959 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Thank you for your kind comments
  • Mandr52
    Mandr52 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi @Jenny1959
    I cant help with the face to face apart from saying ours wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, also any evidence you have give it to the assessor, but the ibuprofen gel on prescription as I get it.
    its called Fenbid gel   it comes in 5% and 10%
      Also Ibuprofen 400 is available on prescription, I know as I get it most months. 

Sorry not much help but hopefully its a little :)

• haveacigar
    haveacigar Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Jenny1959 said:
    Hi @Jenny1959,

I can't offer you anything other than good wishes with the assessment itself as I have yet to tread that path, However, as a fellow rheumatoid arthritis sufferer I wondered if you had been referred by your GP to a rheumatology consultant? You appear to be self treating yourself with a lot of over the counter medication which I wouldn't have thought would treat the underlying cause of your condition.

I can only speak from my own personal experience but I have had quite a bit of help from a consultant and rheumatology nurse and was prescribed methotraxate and now on Humira subcutaneous injection and hydroxychloroquine. They don't "cure" as that isn't possible but they do take the edge off somewhat.

Anyway, good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.