ESA stopped after assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA stopped after assessment

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Dotty123 said:
    I got sent form saying may get more severe disability payment says is10
    It will depend on your circumstances whether you qualify for this. You must live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you. Do any of these apply to you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I live alone no one claims anything for me or looks after me thank you poppy can I ask is it ok someone filling it in for me I can’t use hands 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2019
    Anyone can fill a form out for you, but you'll need to sign the form yourself. The SDP is an extra £64.30 per week on top of your ESA and is back dated to the start of your PIP/DLA award, if the other criteria applied at the time.  You need to be claiming mid/high rate care DLA or PIP daily living.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    I get hi pip for care do I need say on form someone signed it thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Unless they are your appointee then the only person that can sign it is you. They will only be able to fill out the form for you.
  • Dotty123
    Do I ring tell them I can’t sign or what 
  • poppy123456
    What do you normally do when signing forms? and please don't take offense by that because there's nothing meant by it at all. Only an appointee can sign forms on behalf of a claimant.
  • Dotty123
    Someone signs for me I have finger thumb I can put mark will that do my fone is stuck down so can just press buttons if an emergency no offence poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Then i would just do what you always do when signing forms.
  • Dotty123
    Ok thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.