PIP - Awarded points in wrong component? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Awarded points in wrong component?

shaun65762
shaun65762 Community member Posts: 7 Connected

Hi, I just got my letter back from the mandatory reconsidering. Despite me asking them to look at the daily living component they have reassessed my mobility component. I know I didn't make a mistake on the form because I listed some of the individual categories in daily living I disagreed with and detailed my problems for each one. They have instead decided to increase the points for the mobility component and have made no changes nor any mention to my daily living component. I feel they have done a huge mix up and will have to go to tribunal again? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's not a mix up, when requesting the MR or Tribunal they look at the whole decision again and not just part of it. Did they increase the mobility award to Enhanced from Standard? Either way, i'm afraid your next step is to request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Any time you ask for a decision to be looked at again, whether MR or tribunal, they can and often do look at your all parts of your award/
    Nobody on an open forum can tell you whether you should or shouldn't be entitled to the DL component. It might be possible to ask for a call back from a case manager to discuss your concerns, otherwise it is off to tribunal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • shaun65762
    Hmm ok prehaps they did look at the whole decision and come to that conclusion. What confuses me is in the decision bit it states 'you said you would like your mobility part of your decision looked at again'.
  • shaun65762
    Update - I gave them a ring and they said they have indeed made a mistake and would look at the decision again.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @shaun65762!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.