PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Katmac
Katmac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my pip was stop last August I don't no how long it for a review

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If your PIP stopped then there won't be a review because there's no award to review. Did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration? and if that failed requested the Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Katmac, and welcome!

Would you like to tell us some more so we can try and help?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Katmac,
    If you haven't yet requested a mandatory reconsideration you could still do so. If the decision involved an official error, it can be looked at any time later (no time limit). An official error can include things like the DWP failing to take things into account or failing to ask you about things that are relevant to your claim.

If you've already asked for a mandatory reconsideration and you haven't heard yet, this is definitely taking too long, and you should follow it up and insist on getting a mandatory reconsideration notice so that you can take the next step of going to a tribunal.

Remember too that there is no bar on reclaiming PIP whether or not you also challenge the decision to stop it. It really depends what has happened here. If your PIP has been suspended due to a lack of information, which can also happen, then you should ask why and complain, as it's also far too long for them not to have looked into it and made a proper decision by now.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.