Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

Options
sue76
sue76 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
I have finally received my letter from PIP after a 12 week wait to say I have lost my money cause I scored 0 points for everything 
So now I am preparing for a tribunal as this is the way it went last time 
There is a lot of things in medical report that is wrong 
Feeling really worried bout it all xx 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Before you can request the Tribunal you need to go through the MR process, otherwise the Tribunal will refuse your request.

You need to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempt that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @sue76. If you haven't seen it already, Scope's page on DWP appeals may be worth a read, and do feel free to come back to us with any questions.

Step 1: Mandatory reconsideration

Contact the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
    • It's best to do this in writing and give reasons why you disagree. The address to write to is on the decision letter you have received.
    • You must do this within a month of the date of the original decision.
    DWP will look at your claim and tell you their new decision.
    • You have a month to ask for an appeal if you are still unhappy.
    • You must state your reason for the appeal clearly and forward any supporting evidence as soon as possible – do not wait for the hearing.
    If you need advice on completing this, call on 0300 123 1142.
  • sue76
    Options
    Going to sort out stuff for MR 
    Going to get some advice from scope shop in Plymouth for some support xx
  • sue76
    Options
    Thanks for your help xx
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi @sue76, the Scope shop in Plymouth is a charity shop so unfortunately they don't provide this kind of advice or service.

If you're looking for help, I'd recommend searching for your local Citizens Advice instead. They have some great online guidance about the MR process too!
  • sue76
    Options
    Ok thanks xx 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This link may also help to find what other advice centres are local to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.