PIP Assessors required ? Any takers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessors required ? Any takers

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Sickening isn't it. I tried more than most to break through the protective barrier they've built around themselves. It's now an impenetrable brick wall. Every time another complaint is turned down the wall gets higher and thicker. Somehow they've managed to get everyone who would otherwise accept the word of a claimant to believe their lies. ICE I'm disgusted with the report you sent me, especially the end when you say you hope this brings closure to my concerns. NO it doesn't and never will till someone listens to me and accepts the truth. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • wildlife
    Yes I had a lot of correspondence with HCPC and they wouldn't do anything about my assessor except say she was on their register and qualified. ICO rejected my case made under the Data Protection Act and now ICE have fobbed me off with only a £35 fine for IAS taking longer than they should to investigate my complaint. It starts all over again next year when I'm reviewed. At least I'll be forearmed as it were. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    They are only doing their job after all, but we as the claimants have a role to play in the process of applying for DLA or PIP and ESA. By being proactive in getting giving evidence and examples of how our illnesses, disability ect brings us for acessments, just filling in the forms with bland yes or no answers and responding the same at our acessment leaves the acessor little option than to give us the lowest score and as the answers are computed generated answers at the most with little imput from the acessor we have ourselves to blame. Its only when we realise our errors on receiving the 0 points award that we get our thoughts together and fight for our just award and go for an MR then on to a tribunal hearing if nesacery.
  • wildlife
    @wilko I guess you're referring to the assessors who do their job properly. You were obviously lucky enough to have one of these. However if you have one, as I did, who chooses to ignore documents they're given as evidence and to ignore or change what you tell them at your assessment, with all due respect for your opinion, the result will be a lower or no award.That's not because you've only answered yes or no it's what they decided to recommend as your level of award to DWP. A decision based on fiction not fact. Claimants aren't trained or paid a wage to carry out their part in the assessment however assessors are trained and very well paid as the OP has highlighted, therefore it's them that are to blame when things go wrong not the claimants.  
  • [Deleted User]
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    Sickening isn't it. I tried more than most to break through the protective barrier they've built around themselves. It's now an impenetrable brick wall. Every time another complaint is turned down the wall gets higher and thicker. Somehow they've managed to get everyone who would otherwise accept the word of a claimant to believe their lies. ICE I'm disgusted with the report you sent me, especially the end when you say you hope this brings closure to my concerns. NO it doesn't and never will till someone listens to me and accepts the truth. 
    Hi Wildlife
    Can I ask are ICE no good as well. I am waiting for them to investigate my PIP because of all the errors. I have now lost all hope in the system. I thought ICE found justice for you (claimant) or do they agree with DWP?  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:

Constant negative posts like this don't help anyone who is just looking for help and advice.

Scaremongering makes everything worse.

Yes ,there are rubbish assessors. There are also claimants who feel entitled when unfortunately they just don't meet the criteria. There are also good assessors who try very hard to ensure that the correct claimants receive what they are entitled to. 

Internet warriors love a good moan but no-one ever says thank you these days, or reports when something good happens. 
    Some people need to realise that PIP is NOT DLA. They are very different benefits.

I fully understand and appreciate that but we see on this site quite regularly, daily in fact, posts from claimants who can't understand why for the previous 3/4/5 years they have had a PIP award of say Enhanced Care and Mobility yet a reassessment comes along with 0 points? Surely someone is missing the point there - it's highly unlikely that even with the best will in the world no one is going to not have some points.
     Maybe the assessor does not know the previous claim/award history? Maybe the case manager doesn't check to see why there is such a vast change?
  • wildlife
    @justg72 As regards ICE I can only comment on my own experience. Their final report did however specify that they are only looking for errors in the way your complaint was investigated. My complaint was about ATOS as it was then not DWP but as DWP make the final decision on your benefit and that's the thing ICE don't investigate it wouldn't have made any difference.
        To the people who think we are scaremongering this forum wouldn't be serving the purpose it's designed for, which is to help others if the people who've had a bad experience didn't let other's know about it and in the process of so doing help other's to avoid the same pitfalls. Those in power to improve things would think all is well and no need for any alteration in the way the system is working. Claimants  who've have had a good experience are free to post here but if the people who haven't kept it to themselves how on earth are changes ever going to be made. No-one has the right to criticise what other's are posting unless they are contravening forum rules in which case a report system is in place. People need to be free to write about their experience good or bad otherwise they'll be put off seeking help. I'm just trying to imagine a forum with only glowing reports about the way the assessment companies and DWP handle claims, it wouldn't be serving the purpose it's designed for, which is to help others. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2019
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2019
  • [Deleted User]
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The desision makers at DWP go by your acessment report produced by the acessors ini setting youryaward and length on thetacessors recommendtion. So blaming the DWP for not getting your deserved award or enough points is wasted they are not accessing, its up to us the claimants to present a honest and watertight claim giving the supportive evidence to back up our illnesses or disabilities.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Part of the problem is that people think for ESA that a GP's word that they are unfit for work should be all that's needed. This isn't true. A fit note from a GP doesn't automatically entitle anyone to limited capability for work.

Some also think that a PIP award will entitle you to limited capability for work. This isn't correct either.

Others think that because they have a disability then they should be awarded PIP, this also isn't true. You can have a disability but if those PIP descriptors don't apply to you then you won't be awarded the points, so therefore there's no award given and it doesn't matter how many times you apply, you'll still be refused. You can't make the PIP descriptors fit you but a lot of people think they can.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.