Mandtory reconsider — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandtory reconsider

rturner
rturner Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello good people, advice needed. I have not had a final decision letter yet but do have copy of the assessment report and he awarded no points so a mandatory reconsideration is need but can someone speak on my behalf? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need to wait for a decision. Once this is made your first step it to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you don't need anyone to speak on your behalf for this because you should put your request in writing. You need to look at the descriptors to see where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Sending in any relevant evidence you have to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

The MR is asking the DWP to look at the decision again and this step must be done before you can request the Tribunal.

Most MR decisions remain the same so expect to have to take it to Tribunal.

During a Tribunal, you will need to speak for yourself unless you have an appointee.

I'd advise you to get some help with the MR request letter and contact an advice agency near you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rturner
    rturner Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thanks poppy123456

Brightness