CAN MY EMPLOYER DISMISS ME?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CAN MY EMPLOYER DISMISS ME??

helenzx6r
helenzx6r Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited February 2019 in Work and employment
Hi
i have 2 small cleaning jobs that I have been off sick from since November 2018.
I have been asked to go into the office for a welfare meeting? 
Also they have not been paying me the correct Ssp every month.? I worked more than 16 hours a week for them 
They also keep on at me asking when  I returning to work...
I am not physically able to do those jobs anymore...

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    In my experience, @helenzx6r, I was off work for 9 weeks due to my hearing difficulties, central vision loss and balance issues. I was asked to attend a medical assessment which resulted in them deeming me unfit to continue my role.

At the time, I was angry and upset, but I soon realised that my impairments were not improving and I knew I wouldn't be able to do my job anymore.

I am not going to lie to you, if there is no improvement in your ability to carry out your role, then you may be dismissed. However, there is help and support out there, are you currently receiving any benefits?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope your welfare meeting goes as well as possible, @helenzx6r.
  • helenzx6r
    I have had a letter from my employer asking for me to sign a letter of consent for them to access my mrdical Records!!
    either sign permission or b dismissed
    my conditions are not any better in fact they are a lot worse now since I 1st went off sick..:(
    im
    eorried that if they dismiss me I will have my
    Universal credit sanctioned....??
    i am still waiting to see if im
    awarded LCW or LCWRA and PIP.x
  • jonny1
    jonny1 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    When I was at work I was really struggling but never at the time stopped the job I was doing ,what I did was slow right down because I had to .they then weren’t happy but I had a disability what can I do ,so then it lies with them they can’t sack you because you have slowed right down it’s discrimination .have you asked them not verbally but an email or a letter sent for them to make adjustments for you ,if not it’s a must and have some proof you have in case of a tribunal later on 
  • helenzx6r
    It’s 2 small part time cleaning jobs
    2 hours 
    and 
    3 hours
    its 100% physical and damn hard work to an able bodied person.((
    i has a welfare meeting and they said that
    i needs to let them know of any changes they can make to male the jobs easier
    and realistically there is none...(
  • jonny1
    jonny1 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    I would let them decide I wouldn’t say to much just don’t say can’t do the job let them decide you can’t do it employers are crafty some of them so put the ball in there court see if they can offer you something else 
  • helenzx6r
    Im really not happy opening
    up medical records
    to
    them....?
    I have provided evidence to them
    hospital letters, consultant letters, for notes etc....
    yet they still don’t pay the correct ssp, and deduct money with no explanations..!
    the welfare meeting went well considering the woman representing the company was not very understanding.((
  • Tracie38
    Tracie38 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I was made unemployed from my job on January the 4th of this year, due and I quote not being able to do my job, I worked at a private day nursery, had an accident at work in June 2016, work have never excepted liability, so no compensation fighting the esa for the megre pittance of £73.10 a week, whoop whoop, and awaiting a full knee replacement because of the accident, 

Brightness