Dealing with chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dealing with chronic pain

shirlarella
shirlarella Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My name is Shirley 
I have been suffering with chronic pain for many years  had to give up work .which totaly made me isolated .x I'm in process of asking to be tested for fibromalga  .though there no test  I have all the systoms  
Feel like I'm a failure 

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @shirlarella Welcome to the community. You are not a failure  I know it's difficult, trust me I know, I have several chronic pain issues one of which is Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I often feel useless because I can't do half the things I could do last year! But we are not useless, there are plenty of people in this community to help us feel better about ourselves so ask any questions or simple just tell us how you are feeling. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shirlarella welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Are you receiving any emotional support?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shirlarella   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what you are going through.

You are not a failure we as a community are here to listen, be supportive offer any information and advice.

I do understand.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shirlarella, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. You're among others who understand here on the community, so do get involved and just let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shirlarella

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I’m one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51

• shirlarella
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @shirlarella welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Are you receiving any emotional support?

• shirlarella
    Thankyou for all your replies .iv just had a lot going on and been difficult trying to keep my self well .my mum has now been put in a home .which has been stressful for me xx and made my own illness worse .I feel I'm not able to cope with my chronic pain feel so low on my mood .my chronic pain has put me in bed for few days .but feel I need to see my doc but can never get a appointment x
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    @shirlarella good to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your mum. Trust me I know it's difficult but try to keep relaxed and calm because as you say it makes Fibromyalgia worse. I lost my grandmother a few weeks ago... I'm trying to concentrate on the good stuff to give me strength.

Remember we are here for you x
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior

Brightness